IIQ on H25

Question regarding:Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

IIQ on H25

Postby Andrew22 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:42 pm

Can the H25 produce IIQ files that are smaller than TIFs?

Mine produces IIQ files that are identical in size to TIFs. I thought the point was that they were smaller...
Andrew22

Re: IIQ on H25

Postby Ulf » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:00 am

Hello

Files with IIQ extension or TIF extension is in essence the same file, it is just an extension.

In regards to compression, none-compressed vs IIQ L and IIQ S:
All H backs + P20/P25 always shoots and transfers uncompressed.
P21,30, 45 and P+ backs transfers IIQ compressed files.

Capture One 3 did have the option to have the software apply IIQ compression on the files as the arrive in the computer.
This is however not yet this option in Capture One 4.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Andrew22 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:34 am

Thanks very much for the very quick reply!

The reason I thought it might be available in the new Capture One software is because on the most recent info for the H25 (straight from the website), A big deal is made about IIQ:

"IIQ RAW TECHNOLOGY

Intelligent Image Quality RAW, or IIQ RAW, is the name of Phase One's brand new patent-pending RAW file format. IIQ RAW is a compact, completely lossless file format that reduces the size of you RAW files. This way you can store more images on the hard drive and fit more images onto client CDs and DVDs. The IIQ RAW file format is optional and can be set up in the Capture One software prior to capture."

Is this info out of date, or premature?
Andrew22

Postby Ulf » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:26 pm

Software that was shipping with H25 when it was produced still support IIQ in computer compression. I believe R^D would like to implement this again, but it is so to speak not highest priority.
Capture One 3.7.9 will work great and I suggest you use this when you shoot if you want to IIQ compress your files.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back