Looking to Buy FX or FX+ Back

Question regarding:Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

Looking to Buy FX or FX+ Back

Postby jwells229 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:03 am

I have a large amount of repro work coming my way and I'm looking for a sanning back.
jwells229

Postby Jon » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:35 pm

We still produce and sell the FX+ so feell free to give your local dealer a call... http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Contact ... ealer.aspx
Kind Regards,
Jon Gilbert
Phase One
Jon
Crew
Crew

Still Selling FX+

Postby jwells229 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:15 pm

It's funny you should mention that. I sent an e-mail to Capture Integration in Atlanta, GA, which is just 4 hours away. I inquired about renting and mentioned that I can't find a price for the back anywhere. They rent other Phase One backs, so I thought maybe they had a scanning back I could try before I invested in a purchase. This is a program they offer for single-shot backs. I got no reply.

I can't find out anything about FX pricing. I would prefer a used back if I could find one, but depending on the price, a new one might be smarter. Betterlight is all over the place on the web, but I wanted to explore Phase One's scanning back since I've been using their software for years. I currently have a job to shoot and reproduce giclee prints of 77 paintings. I'm trying to get away from
4 x 5 film and scanning. I do repro work like this all year long.

Thanks for your reply.
jwells229

Postby Jon » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:42 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering if your email just got filtered out into a spam folder, or was sent to an inactive account. Capture Integration is known for providing some of the best customer service in the biz as I'm sure many of our forum members can affirm.
Kind Regards,
Jon Gilbert
Phase One
Jon
Crew
Crew

Fair Enough

Postby jwells229 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:59 am

That's a fair way of looking at it. I've heard the same thing about Capture Integration. I'll try them again.

As an interesting side note. I was looking at bidding on a Betterlight back at one point, so I wrote Betterlight about the possibility of upgrading the back with a new sensor. They are also known for outstanding service and support. Again, no reply. Not even after the second attempt. I know e-mail is not as effective as the phone and that will be next. But it makes you wonder why companies would bother to have e-mail contact available on their sites if they don't intend to respond.
jwells229

Postby Jon » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:49 pm

I spoke to the president of Capture Integration and he let me know that they had some problems with their general info email over the last two weeks.
Kind Regards,
Jon Gilbert
Phase One
Jon
Crew
Crew

Follow-up

Postby jwells229 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:48 pm

Jon,

Dave Gallagher at Capture Integration e-mailed and apologized for the delayed response. I'm sure it was some sort of glitch. But it was good of him to personally get back to me. I just wanted to get back to you and let you know they seem as reputable as I had heard they were. And, I appreciate your follow-up.
jwells229

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back