H Seires and Broncolor IR compatibility

Question regarding:
Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus, Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

H Seires and Broncolor IR compatibility

Postby Michael3111 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:24 pm

Hello all:

This is my first post in this forum. I am a recent owner of a used H25, and have a question that my dealer (Vistek in Toronto, CANADA) cannot answer.

I use Broncolor lighting, and my Phase One dealer in Toronto told me that some of the Broncolor Infrared Tramsitters utilze too mich voltage, and is potentially hazardous to my H25 back. I am currently using the Broncolor IRI model, which seems to work fine, but I am not sure if the risk is still present. Would upgrading to a newer model, such as the IRX2, eliminate such risks?

Can anyone reading this (including any tech support at Phase One) either confirm or verify this claim? I know that using alternative devices, such as Pocket Wizard radio slaves, are an option, but I would prefer to utilize my Broncolor's built-in features as much as possible.

Thank you to all who can help!

Regards,

Migs.
Michael3111

Postby Ulf » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:56 pm

I believe you will find following links to our knowledge base quite helpfull:

http://support.phaseone.com/KB/Home/Sea ... nguageID=1

http://support.phaseone.com/KB/Home/Sea ... nguageid=1

What you will see is that the IRI model does not meet the ISO10330 standard flash equiptment should follow however the IRX2 do where by I can safely recommend this as an solution for you.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Michael3111 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:35 pm

Thank you for verifiaction.

It's strange that the IRX2, which can transmit farther than the IRI, uses less power to do so, and qualifies for safe use with Phase One backs.
Michael3111

Postby klabton1 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:44 am

Hi!.
First, welcome everyone.

I think, i have this problem... I'm using vew digital back's, but only with H20 i have problms.
It's third time, when synchro socket stopped working... Other back's works fine and i've never had any problems.
I'm using IRX2 and sync cable's.
I wrote post with this problem to support, and didn't get the aswer :(

Unfotrunately, I will have to send my H20 again to Danmark for few weeks... Maybe there is some way, to secure my H20 against future accident's... ?
klabton1

Postby Ulf » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:42 am

Hello if you have used http://support.phaseone.com then you have recieved an answer for sure.
This however is a user to user forum so there is no garantee that you get an answer.
The sync port it self have the desing it have as an indutry standard, it it neither more or less sensetive then other cameras / backs however on the new P - series camera back we have made sure it can be fixed on site with a tool kit to replace the faulty sync socket. This however you can not do on the H series, they have to go back to Denmark for rep.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby klabton1 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:08 am

Thanks for such quick answer.
So what should I do, to prevent future demages of my H20??
klabton1

Postby Keith Carpenter » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:20 pm

klabton,

I recently spoke to a studio with the very same issue on their H20 that arrived at a simple answer. :idea: After sending in for repair twice to have port replaced, their solution was to always leave a synch cable plugged into the back rather than the multiple plug-in / unplug / re-plug wear and tear on the port.

Sincerely,

k c
Keith Carpenter

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back