Shot delay with H20 coupled with a Hassy 500EL/M

Question regarding:Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

Shot delay with H20 coupled with a Hassy 500EL/M

Postby awhill34 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:07 pm

I working for a catalog company and we use a combination of H20's, H25's, and we recently purchased several P30+s'. I been running into trouble when when combining the H20 with our Hasselblad 500EL/M's. When the shutter is released the camera jams (with a clicking sound). To get the camera to cycle I have to hit the shutter a second time. After further testing I realized that if I hit the shutter quickly (such as in the case of shooting dog models), that is when the camera tends to jam. But if the shutter is released in a more slow and deliberate manner the camera cycles normally (although the camera is behaving like a point & shoot that has that fraction of a second delay). Not to helpful when shooting puppies or kid models.
I have tested this with multiple camera bodies and backs all with the same results. Additionally, when I put on a P30+ the problem goes away. So I was just wondering if there any tips you may have for this issue. Thanks so much.
-A.Hill :D
awhill34

Postby James 7 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:53 pm

Sounds like a timing error caused either by an iffy cable, or by a dodgy sync socket on the back... you dont say if you have swaped cables...

Have you tried this?

HNR
"Beauty is in the eye of the Tiger"

http://www.jim90.com
http://jim90blog.blogspot.com
James 7

Same issue.

Postby Bryan1 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:58 pm

I have had the same problem. One issue I was told is that it could be the pin on the back of the camera that comes out as you shoot not pushing out enough to fully triger the back.
Bryan1

Postby Ulf » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:11 pm

Bryan

This is correct. Simply hold down the capture release until the camera is done winding and the issue is gone.
Main reason for this is that H20 has a blocking mechanism which prevent you from capturing until the back is ready which is interfering and why you have hold down the button when using a motor driven hassy.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back