Capture One 12.1 no longer supports Firewire DB's-Aptus etc

Question regarding:
Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus, Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

Capture One 12.1 no longer supports Firewire DB's-Aptus etc

Postby Postfade » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:03 pm

Capture One version 12.1 has discontinued tethering support of all the Firewire 800 and 400 digital backs. These are all the Leaf Aptus DB's and the Afi-1 and 11 plus DM40,33,28 and 22.
Support informed me: "Capture One 12.1.0 and later breaks tethering support for Aptus.
This means the latest release that incl Aptus tethering support is 12.0.4. The reason for discontinued tethering is the old firewire drivers that can no longer be maintained and would require a complete rebuild. Sorry about this."

A great pity as Capture One continues to add more digital DSLR and mirrorless cameras to broaden it's appeal, that it should drop 'Phase One' MamiyaLeaf digital backs.

David Taylor
Dorset UK
Postfade

Re: Capture One 12.1 no longer supports Firewire DB's-Aptus

Postby Ulf » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:03 am

HI

The Leaf Aptus are unfortunately based on a much older drive protocol which are becoming increasingly difficult to maintain I am sorry to say, hence why this this has happen.

It should be said that backs developed under the Phase One era, such as the Leaf Credo is completely unaffected as this is using the Phase One driver.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby CanardXpan_ » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:25 pm

Concerning tha Leaf backs support, as for Leaf Aptus 22 that I own and enjoy, it is very deceiving that I can't use it tethered anymore on updated CaptureOne 12.0.4 and on...
Oddly it has to be rewriting again to be maintain in the workpace. Oddly since it was there already, it should have been maintained.

I don't know how many users will be affected by this.
I enjoy my Aptus, and believe that it should not be a victim of obsolence as with soo many low quality products.
I know I can use it with an older version, as Capture One 11.2 altought since version 12.0.4 doesn't seem to work with it.

Please make it possible to be brought back.
Thank you_
Louis
Montréal
CanardXpan_

Postby Ulf » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:55 am

Hi
12.0.4 should be working just fine.
If you need help to get it to work, then simply contact support.
Http://support.phaseone.com
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back