Problem with Teethering through powered repeater

Question regarding:
Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus, Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

Problem with Teethering through powered repeater

Postby NN635007160856605731UL » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi

im trying to teether my aptus ii 8 on location and can't get it to work.

First just to clarify thats my setup :

Phase one 645 DF
Leaf aptus ii 8
firewire cable from the aptus to the repeater
The repeater is this one : http://www.partsdata.de/firewirekabel-i ... tz-von-ioi

i belive is the one that leaf used to sell.
The repeater is powered by a Ravpower 15k 12v battery
there is another firewire cable from the repeater to the computer, but since its a macbook pro retina it goes on a firewire to thunderbolt adapter.

so my situation is :

- If i connect the repeater with a power cord to a main everything works.
- If i connect the repeater to the Ravpower, and then turn on the camera ( cable to computer not conected ) the camera powers and i can take pictures to a memory card. Therefor i got power on the camera.
- if then i connect the other cable to the computer, C1 recognises the camera and everything is set but after the first picture the camera turns off.

It seems that when the repeater detects the conection of the computer the camera takes the power from there and since its not enough it cant stay on after the photo, but that doesnt happen with the repeater conected to a main power.

that would make me think that the ravpower doesnt works good enough for 12v, but then, why does it works if the computer is not conected??

is there any way to turn off the power on the thunderbolt port to see if that way the repeater doesnt cuts off the power of the ravpower?

any ideas? what batteries do you use?

thanks
NN635007160856605731UL

Re: Problem with Teethering through powered repeater

Postby NN635007160856605731UL » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Small update .. further testing shows :

the problem seems to be that the repeater once it gets power through the macbook cable it shows charge, then the battery doesnt powers it as it finds that the repeater has charge already ( it seems it has an automatic way to cut off the power when the device is full ).

so the question is, what battery was sold by leaf with the repeater?
thanks.
NN635007160856605731UL

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back