leaf aptus II 8

Question regarding:
Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus, Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

leaf aptus II 8

Postby wphotol » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:42 am

Is it possible to change compression from lossless to no compression. Only one option seems available
wphotol

Re: leaf aptus II 8

Postby Leon » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi NN,
Correct. Only Lossless is available.
BR
Leon
Leon

Postby wphotol » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:05 pm

Is there going to be windows software that will decompress the compressed files for the aptusII 8 I cant open them in camera raw nor will the present version of leaf software for converting files work for this back.( windows 7 32 bit ) Will it be updated?
It would be nice for workflow to have this option
wphotol

Postby Ulf » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:27 am

The Leaf Converter has been updated to support Aptus-II 8 and Aptus-10R and is available here:
http://www.leaf-photography.com/downloads.asp
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Rob_Jarvis_Photography » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:01 pm

This is crazy... please put the options back to shoot lossless or uncompressed. I've been looking for this option all morning, phoned phase one and they have removed it... why?
Rob_Jarvis_Photography

Postby yaya » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:58 pm

Rob Jarvis Photography wrote:This is crazy... please put the options back to shoot lossless or uncompressed. I've been looking for this option all morning, phoned phase one and they have removed it... why?

Hi Rob, these options still exist when you shoot tethered into Leaf Capture.
On the Aptus-II 8 there was never an option to shoot uncompressed to CF card or to Capture One, so it was not removed...

Yair
yaya
Crew
Crew

Postby Rob_Jarvis_Photography » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:09 pm

yaya wrote:
Rob Jarvis Photography wrote:This is crazy... please put the options back to shoot lossless or uncompressed. I've been looking for this option all morning, phoned phase one and they have removed it... why?

Hi Rob, these options still exist when you shoot tethered into Leaf Capture.
On the Aptus-II 8 there was never an option to shoot uncompressed to CF card or to Capture One, so it was not removed...

Yair

Hi Yair
OK, that's fine in LEAF capture but where is the option in CAPTURE ONE to shoot uncompressed?
Best regards

Rob
Rob_Jarvis_Photography

Postby wphotol » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:57 pm

I dont think you can photograph with an aptus 2-8 uncompressed no matter what software you are using.
wphotol

Postby Rob_Jarvis_Photography » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:31 pm

wphotol wrote:I dont think you can photograph with an aptus 2-8 uncompressed no matter what software you are using.

OH! according to Andy at Calumet you can, I've just spent £30k on equipment and can't even shoot uncompressed using CAPTURE ONE...grrr, is this really true? my work flow requires me to shoot in capture one, then browse and edit using adobe raw in Bridge & photoshop CS5 but Adobe doesn't recognize compressed file format that's straight from the camera.
Rob_Jarvis_Photography

Postby wphotol » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:38 pm

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... ftpID=4679
I will try my back this weekend I had a problem before then I updated photoshop and lightroom and it read the files in a compressed mode. I will let you know tomorrow if I have a problem. I work all my files up in capture and then finish them up in photoshop after saving them as a tiff in capture. I also think since I updateded photoshop and lightroom I can do it there also. but I need to check that out.
wphotol

Postby Rob_Jarvis_Photography » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:11 pm

wphotol wrote:http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4679
I will try my back this weekend I had a problem before then I updated photoshop and lightroom and it read the files in a compressed mode. I will let you know tomorrow if I have a problem. I work all my files up in capture and then finish them up in photoshop after saving them as a tiff in capture. I also think since I updateded photoshop and lightroom I can do it there also. but I need to check that out.

Thanks mate, I'm running the latest Adobe Photoshop CS5 with all latest camera raw updates, I'm still not able to view the compressed files. I don't want to have to convert to .dng or tiff, I want to directly edit the raw file before any conversion's using adobe camera raw, I used to be able to do this with the .mos files from my leaf/hassleblad combination.

now if I shoot using leaf capture it lets me shoot uncompressed and i can directly edit the files in adobe camera raw, if i shoot using capture one tethered the files are un-readable and are compressed,

My question is why does LEAF capture allow this and not capture one? and why can't i shoot uncompressed?
Rob_Jarvis_Photography

Postby Ulf » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby vinzenz » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:07 am

Hi Rob

I shoot into LC and save compressed. Lightroom is configured to watch the folder with the saved files and imports them automatically whenever a new one appears. I use LC for a quick check on the files while shooting, but if I want to further adjust the images, I can switch to Lightroom and all the files are already there. I also use Lightroom for batch-renaming the files.

Vinzenz
vinzenz

Postby NNN637642826547648010 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:47 am

wphotol wrote:I will try my back this weekend I had a problem before then I updated photoshop and lightroom and it read the files in a compressed mode. I will let you know tomorrow if I have a problem. I work all my files up in capture and then finish them up in photoshop after saving them as a tiff in capture. I also think since I updateded photoshop and lightroom I can do it there also. but I need to check that out.

Can you please update the adobe site url, Because I think it's not working because it's an old post

NNN637642826547648010

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back