Text color in thumbnail view

Discussions about Expression Media

Text color in thumbnail view

Postby big_lindi » Thu May 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi,
in Expression media in thumbnail view, the text color in the fields is the same as the label color. Now in MediaPro the text color always is white.
I can´t find the "button" to chose, that the text color is like the label color again.
Where have I go to ?

Thanks
big_lindi

Re: Text color in thumbnail view

Postby big_lindi » Sat May 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Hmm, no idea ???

I´m using Windows Vista (32bit) and Win7 (64bit).
In the turorial videos it seems, in Mac-version, the text color complies to the label color.

Perhaps anybody can confirm, if its possible in Win-version ? Anybody here, who is using the label colors in the Win-version and can tell me, how it looks in the thumbnail view ?

Thanks
big_lindi

Postby Dave Heap » Sun May 15, 2011 4:18 am

Just checked EM 2 with both Mac (PPC 10.5.8) and Windows XP SP3 (32 bit) versions.

Text colour follows label colour for both.
Dave Heap

Postby big_lindi » Sun May 15, 2011 12:12 pm

Thank you Dave,

but I have the problem in Media Pro. In EM2 the text colors are like the label color.

I see, that now a section "MediaPro" is opened in the forum. Seems, my thread was forgotten to move :wink:
I will post new in the MediaPro section

Thanks
big_lindi

Postby roberte » Mon May 16, 2011 10:46 pm

On Windows the Color Label text color stays white. This is a good thing! Some colored text can be illegible. If you would like the Color Label displayed below thumbnails change your view options (cmd/ctrl+J).

-- Robert.
roberte

Postby big_lindi » Wed May 18, 2011 5:53 pm

Robert2721 wrote:On Windows the Color Label text color stays white. This is a good thing! Some colored text can be illegible. If you would like the Color Label displayed below thumbnails change your view options (cmd/ctrl+J).

-- Robert.

Robert,

may be good for you. Are you sure its good for me or other users ??
It seem curious for me, why it should be good for windows-users, not for mac-users :shock:
Again, in the tutorial videos there are the text colors following the label color.
big_lindi

Postby Dave Heap » Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm

In my case I use Labels to sort images for further action. For example, Label 1 (Red - keystroke 1) marks a reject image for later deletion.

I aim to maximise the number of images displayed simultaneously on the screen in my basic view, which I have called "Filename Only" (I have defined detailed views for other purposes). Turning on Ratings & Labels wastes valuable screen real estate.

Worse still, I use 100 pixel thumbnails for the same purpose and Ratings & Labels do not display if the thumbnail size is less than 130 pixels (on the Mac version at least - haven't checked Windows version).
Dave Heap

Return to Expression Media