license or product key not accepted

Discussions about Expression Media

license or product key not accepted

Postby NNN634383275361407918 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:52 pm

I've had EM2 on my PC since late 2008 and it has been chugging away delightfully there ever since. Now I want to put it on my laptop too since I prefer its slideshow layout to Bridge & even LR3. Have disk, installed readily on said laptop. BUT when it asks for the product key and I enter the one for my PC copy, nothing happens.

1. Is the license only for one personal computer?? Usually it allows for a laptop too, or so I've found with Adobe products.
2. Is there a secret way to make the license number work to launch the program? I can use it for 29 days of course, which will get me through next week, but I would like to be able to rely on it.
3. I should say that the disk of EM2 was a gift from Microsoft after I had given them some useful feedback. Is that why the license key doesn't work?

Please, would somebody help me out here! Many thankyous.

Jeanne Tifft
http://www.jldtifft.com
NNN634383275361407918

Re: license or product key not accepted

Postby Kay-Christian » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:47 am

Same problem here.

I've bought a license key directly from Microsoft in June 2007. A few weeks ago I had to install Expression Media 2 on an other notebook computer after a hdd-crash. The key I've received via E-mail from Microsoft back in 2007 doesn't work anymore, so I'm unable to activate the software.

Suggestions anyone? Thanks.
Kay-Christian

Return to Expression Media