645 DF + IQ 140 - 20 seconds between frames.

Discussions regarding Phase One 645 DF / DF+ and Mamiya 645 DF / DF+
Also lens discussion for Phase One and Schneider lenses.

645 DF + IQ 140 - 20 seconds between frames.

Postby Nick64 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:55 am

Got a weird issue going on with my 645DF attached to an IQ140 and Schneider 80mm LS lens. I've upgraded the firmware of the back to 6.07.1 and the body is at 1.58. New batteries. Regardless if I'm tethered or shooting to CF card it takes about 20 seconds before the camera allows me to shoot the next frame. As soon as I shoot I see a flashing "CAP db" in the viewfinder and the LCD display of the camera for about 15 seconds, then it flashes "Err db" for a few seconds before coming ready again and allows me to shoot. The images are transferred successfully to either the laptop or to the CF card, it just takes a very log time. At this rate I'm shooting 3 frames a minute!

Anyone seen this before and have a quick fix? I opened a support case with P1 last night but have not heard back yet. Hoping someone here has had the same experience and is able to offer a solution.

Thank You.
Nick64
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: 645 DF + IQ 140 - 20 seconds between frames.

Postby Nick64 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:32 pm

This issue has been solved with the help of Digital Transitions support in NYC. I downgraded the back's firmware to 5.20.1 Here are the steps;

- Factory reset of the back (detach the back, remove the battery, press and hold the top 2 silver buttons on the back, insert battery)
- Attach the back to your computer (I had to use firewire as USB support for firmware updates only applies after v 5.x)
- Upgrade firmware via the firmware updater application to 5.20.1
- First time it failed, so I switched the back off and back on again and tried it again, this time it worked.
Nick64
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Phase One 645DF and DF+ / Mamiya 645DF and DF+