what about a new zoom lens ?

Discussions regarding Phase One 645 DF / DF+ and Mamiya 645 DF / DF+
Also lens discussion for Phase One and Schneider lenses.

what about a new zoom lens ?

Postby Tolga » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Am I the only one, that need a wide to short-tele zoom lens like 55-110.

As a fashion photographer specially if u you r shooting on interior place the 80mm isn't enough wide to shoot nice pictures with model and environment you need something like 55m, And also if you want to go fast to portrait closeup then a you need something like 110mm.

The ex 55-110 from Mamiya was a perfect solution. But the quality isn't enough for digital photography, what phaseone have yet is only 75-150mm means nothing for me. I own a phaseone DF with p45+ more then one year and I stuck at 80mm.
Just that why I have to use my Canon for many times. And just that why I think to change my sytem in to Hassel at least they have a great 35-90 mm.
Tolga

Re: what about a new zoom lens ?

Postby Ulf » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:14 am

Hi

We are working on this but designing a lens takes a very long time, especially for zoom lenses.
You mention the Hasselblad 35-90mm, we will not make a lens like this since this lens is not a full frame 645.
It only works correct with sensors up to 48mm which is easier to design then a full frame zoom.
As I mention, we will only make a lens if it is full frame.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Re: what about a new zoom lens ?

Postby Tolga » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:58 am

Nice to hear that. I love the image quality from p1 and specially schneider lenses. Hope to hear soon something about a new great zoom lens, like 55-110 mm.
Tolga

Return to Phase One 645DF and DF+ / Mamiya 645DF and DF+