Extended Warranty for 645DF?

Discussions regarding Phase One 645 DF / DF+ and Mamiya 645 DF / DF+
Also lens discussion for Phase One and Schneider lenses.

Extended Warranty for 645DF?

Postby Klauss » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Hello,

I know that there are extended warranties for the digital backs. But are there going to the same kind of extended warranties for the camera system + lens as well?
I have been using the 645DF with a P40+ since 2010 and within the first warrantied year, i had my 80mm LS lens exchanged 3 times, digital back exchanged 1 time.. When warranty was up, Camera body broke down a couple of times, shutter mechanism replaced twice, digital back sent back for repair twice in 2011 and 2012.. My 80mm LS broke down again and shutter had to be replaced (repair costs almost a quarter of a brand new lens).. My 50mm LS and 110mm LS are doing fine (fingers crossed) but also because they see lesser action.

It has come to a point where I can't trust my own system on a job anymore..the break downs are just so frequent and common.. Not to mention, It's really expensive to have to keep having repairs done once the first year warranty is up and not to mention, we paid really Good money for the entire system.. Comparatively, my Dslr system and lens have seen more abuse and do not had any problems since I first gotten it..

It is a great system and LS lens are awesome. I can't imagine using anything else. It is just frustrating that the system breaks down so frequently when it's meant for high end professional use and I don't see a reason it should break down due to frequent usage(if this is a contributing factor) because that's what its ultimately meant to do.

Anyone else facing the same problems I have?
Klauss

Re: Extended Warranty for 645DF?

Postby Drew » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:38 am

Klauss,
The Lenses and Bodies are warrantied for 1 year or 100,000 captures. There is not, at this time, any additional warranty for the lenses or bodies but if you speak with your dealer they may be able to help find you a solution.

In regard to all the reported issues however, I could not find any serial numbers linked to your account but would like to investigate further for you through a support case if possible.
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Dogstar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:58 am

Extended warranty...?
I cannot even register my DF body to START a warranty... it says 'mamiya' on the front and you cannot anywhere register it...!

Steve
Dogstar

Postby Jim_DK » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:48 am

Just to clarify the difference between warranty and registration.

Warranty starts from order date and follows the serial, not the end user (so if you sell it on, there is no need to transfer warranty)

Registration is only necessary if you want notification of software updates or news. You can add software, backs and DSLRs in the Capture One software. Due to hardware limitations you can not automatically register a DF body. If you want to register a non-back-Phase One/Mamiya product (ie DF/AF) make a support case, and we will add it to your account for you.

It will then show in your online account under registered products.
Jim_DK
Crew
Crew

Postby Dogstar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks James for the clarification.

Steve
Dogstar

Return to Phase One 645DF and DF+ / Mamiya 645DF and DF+