645 DF+ Focus Issues - Need some assistance

Discussions regarding Phase One 645 DF / DF+ and Mamiya 645 DF / DF+
Also lens discussion for Phase One and Schneider lenses.

645 DF+ Focus Issues - Need some assistance

Postby ChrisJett » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Hello All,

I am new to the forums and have just purchased a Mamiya 645 DF+ and a Mamiya 645 AF 80mm 2.8 lens, which I was told was compatible with the 645 DF+. I should also note that I have a PhaseOne P40+ digital back.

It does not seem that I am getting any autofocus out of the camera - I am not sure if it is the camera not being able to communicate with the lens or if the lens and/or the camera is defective. As I understand it, when you depress the shutter half way, the camera's AF assist light should come on and the lens should focus. Neither is happening. I do get the focus lock confirmation beep, but again, neither the lens or the assist light have activated. I looked at all settings and then decided it was best if I reset the camera's custom settings, which I did through my P40+.

Any advice would be appreciated here as I need to find out if everything is functioning correctly, or if it is just me.

Thank you in advance!

Chris
ChrisJett

Re: 645 DF+ Focus Issues - Fixed

Postby ChrisJett » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:35 pm

Never mind, it was a simple newbie mistake. I thought my lens was mounted correctly as it allowed for manual focusing, but it turns out I needed to screw it on a little past the point in which I thought it was properly mounted; once I did that, I heard an audible click and - voila! autofocus!

Now to go out shooting. Thank you!
ChrisJett

Return to Phase One 645DF and DF+ / Mamiya 645DF and DF+