Sudden Firewire Tethering Problem

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus and Mamiya DM series camera backs

Sudden Firewire Tethering Problem

Postby seandungan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:23 am

I've got an Aptus-II 7 on large format cameras, and have been tethering successfully to Macbook Pro 15" non-Retina for more than three years. Suddenly, the back won't capture. C1 sees the back, and the back's light is green, but the lens does not trigger it, and it won't do live view. Added a powered repeater, same result. Tried the same setup with a 13" MBP (with repeater) and it works fine. Also fully functional with my Mac Pro tower. Have tried different cables at every point, and both C1 8 and 9, also both Yosemite and El Capitan. I have been told this must be a bad Firewire port, and the 15" is still under warranty, but I fear an uphill battle trying to convince Apple they should replace the logic board when the Firewire port powers and connects to external hard drives just fine. I'm about desperate enough to drag the whole system in to the genius bar to show them the fault, but even then I'm not confident they'll understand the problem... does any of this sound familiar? Thanks!!!!!
seandungan

Re: Sudden Firewire Tethering Problem

Postby Ulf » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:15 pm

Hi
If the computer and Capture One sees the back it could be as simple as you have the wrong camera configured in Capture One.

Go to Capture One menu -> Preferences -> Capture
Make sure the Leaf configuration drop down is set to the camera body you use.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Re: Sudden Firewire Tethering Problem

Postby seandungan » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:57 am

Thank you! For some reason it keeps switching back to the default setting... but that's a much happier problem!
seandungan

Return to Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus and Mamiya DM series camera backs