internal battery?

Question regarding:
Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus, Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

internal battery?

Postby Jens K. » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:47 pm

My Aptus-II 8 doesn't hold date and time. After turn off/on it shows me year "1981" etc.
Is there an internal battery which could be empty? How can I change it?
Jens K.

Re: internal battery?

Postby PhaseoneUser55657 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:28 am

Ok, I may be pulling things out of memory that are not true. But I seem to recall that the backs had a battery for the date and time, and if back left off for an extended time the battery needs to be recharged.

I found this Knowledge base that says you need to leave the back connected to a computer for 24 hours to charge the internal battery.

http://www.phaseone.com/Search/Article. ... nguageID=1

Knowledgebase article

Article ID 1880
Summary Date and time missing on the back
Problem Stating up the up camera back - date and time have to be inserted every time...
Solution If the cameraback have been untethered for a few weeks, internal date and time battery is low - this will be charged when tethering the back. Connect the back to computer for 24 hours and date and time will be stored when set.

Last updated October 16, 2012
This article applies to the following categories
Accessories:
Battery / Battery Charger

I hope this helps.

Robert
PhaseoneUser55657

Postby Jens K. » Sun May 03, 2015 9:15 pm

PhaseoneUser55657 wrote:http://www.phaseone.com/Search/Article. ... nguageID=1

Knowledgebase article

Article ID 1880
Summary Date and time missing on the back
Problem Stating up the up camera back - date and time have to be inserted every time...
Solution If the cameraback have been untethered for a few weeks, internal date and time battery is low - this will be charged when tethering the back. Connect the back to computer for 24 hours and date and time will be stored when set.

I hope this helps.

Robert

Thank you for your help!
Unfortunately it doesn't work. Connected the back for more than 36 hours without any reaction.
Jens
Jens K.

Postby PhaseoneUser55657 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:28 am

Well, maybe time to send it in for repair. I have no other answers, unless you are using a thunderbolt to Firewire adapter at which case you would need a powered firewire hub or repeater, as the adapter does not supply enough power for the back.

Sorry cannot be any more help.

Robert
PhaseoneUser55657

Postby Jens K. » Mon May 04, 2015 9:57 am

PhaseoneUser55657 wrote:I have no other answers, unless you are using a thunderbolt to Firewire adapter at which case you would need a powered firewire hub or repeater, as the adapter does not supply enough power for the back.

Seems another good idea. I'll try it.
Jens
Jens K.

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back