Leaf Aptus 75 Hasselblad V to Mamiya RZ67 change

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus and Mamiya DM series camera backs

Leaf Aptus 75 Hasselblad V to Mamiya RZ67 change

Postby NNN634758084811211079 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:47 pm

Good afternoon,

I´ve been recently thinking of changing medium format systems, from Hasselblad 503CW to Mamiya (more specifically Mamiya RZ67 PRO II) due to bigger negative size. I have a Leaf Aptus 75, Hasselblad V fitting, and have two questions:

1. Is it possible to change the back fitting from V to Mamiya RZ? What would be the cost of that change?

2. Are the Mamiya RZ and 7 still serviceable by Mamiya dealers?

I´ve tried to contact your representatives in Spain multiples times in the past month, but received no answer. Are they representatives or only dealers/sellers? Because you seem to be proud of your Legacy System, as you should, but it seems completely locked in memory lane as far as attention and availability to address questions regarding those systems by dealers/sellers/representatives of the Mamiya brand.

Disclaimer: I reside in Portugal and my dealer of choice is the spanish dealer for their kindness and helpfulness, and have absolutely nothing but praise words to describe their service, until now... Don´t know what is happening know, and apologize in advance if I´m taking place in the wrong forum, but it was the third e-mail in a month, and I really need an answer to be able to make an educated decision on the change (which is partly motivate by the pride and attention found on the Mamiya webstite about your film legacy, that Hasselblad unfortunately doesn´t seem to have anymore).

Once again, hope I´m not wasting your time.

Best Regards,
Diogo Sousa
NNN634758084811211079

Re: Leaf Aptus 75 Hasselblad V to Mamiya RZ67 change

Postby arnoaldoori » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:30 am

1. Is it possible to change the back fitting from V to Mamiya RZ? What would be the cost of that change?

the mount of digital back is not changeable.
to use any digital back with the RZ, you need an adaptor plate.
in your case, hasselblad V to RZ, like this new one:
Silvestri Hasselblad V Digital Back Adapter for Mamiya RZ67 7012
http://www.silvestricamera.com/eng/prod ... sories.htm
or older phase one:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Phase-One-Digit ... 3391138477
leaf made adaptors too, i think phase one still new adaptor plates for around € 15oo.- + vat

Are the Mamiya RZ and 7 still serviceable by Mamiya dealers?

maybe not. mamiya germany was quite good, but they might run short on spare parts.
arnoaldoori

Postby NNN634758084811211079 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:26 pm

Good afternoon,

thank you very much for your reply. That was what I feared the most, the lack of official support for film cameras, specially being the Mamiya RZ an electronic camera.

As for the possible change of back on the camera, is it a dealer service, or they just sell the adaptors (or none, and you have to find them online)?

Best Regards,
Diogo Sousa
NNN634758084811211079

Postby arnoaldoori » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:41 pm

hi diego,
generally speaking, you can not change the mount of any digital back.
older sinar backs are an exception.
with the correct adaptor, you can use any back on the RZ in large format mode.
adaptors are available new from silvestri, maybe even from leaf or phase.
a good idea is to contact silvestri.
if you buy online, you can return the part, if needed.
adaptors float around at ebay for € 3oo.-.

the RZ is, in my opinion, a great and very reliable camera that does not need service.
it is slightly oversized for the mini 645 digi backs, though.
arnoaldoori

Postby NNN634758084811211079 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Hello!,

and thank you very much for your reply. I just sent an e-mail to Silvestri enquiring about their adaptor back.

I just wished that the Mamiya dealers could stand by the proud "Mamiya Legacy" section on the Mamiya website, but I guess old things make no money, as did not have any reply from them.

Thank you very much for your help. I think that with the information I was provided in this forum I am much more confortable with the requirements for the change, and the possible routes to take.

Also want to thank you for the vote on the Mamiya RZ reliability, as I doesn´t seem to be an easy camera to service officially, if anything fails to work (which, obviously, is a great concerne).

Once again, thank you very much for your time and info; it will be put to good use.

Best Regards,
Diogo Sousa
NNN634758084811211079

Return to Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus and Mamiya DM series camera backs