Firing Rz67 From Computer

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus and Mamiya DM series camera backs

Firing Rz67 From Computer

Postby Andy P » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi ,
I have a leaf Aptus 75S on a Mamiya RZ Pro2 with motordrive attached,currently I am shooting from camera with no problem,using a cable from lens flash synch to digi back,but finding it annoying that I can't shoot from the computer in C1 with the command K shortcut.
Is there some kind of way of addressing this problem -if so what do I need?

I am sure I saw online somewhere how to do this, but cant seem to locate where it was!

Thanks in advance

Andy
Andy P

Re: Firing Rz67 From Computer

Postby Ulf » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:00 am

Hi you should be able to if you have a motor cable attached

Item 216-00128

See also here:
http://www.phaseone.com/Search/Article. ... nguageid=1
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Andy P » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:01 pm

That's great Ulf -I guess its not going to be easy finding one, but at least I know what I need now!

Many thanks

Andy
Andy P

Postby yaya » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi Andy,

In the UK you can get this cable through any of our partners: http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/partners_europe.html#

Hope this helps

Yair
--
Yair Shahar | Product Manager| Mamiya Leaf - Phase One
e: ysh@mamiyaleaf.com | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 |
yaya
Crew
Crew

Postby Andy P » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:00 pm

Thanks Yair
I will check that out

cheers
Andy
Andy P

Postby Andy P » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:29 pm

I managed to get one eventually and it works, so thanks all for the info !

Something I did find was with certain lenses it would repeatedly multiexpose (usually three times in succession) when I used the cable shooting from the Mac.

I first of all thought it a faulty lens to back synch cable, rather than the motor cable, but after a bit of testing it seems to be lens orientated ,rather than to do with cables.

Some of the RZ lenses wont work properly with the back -longer exposures than 1/15th will fail ,with magenta streaking ,its surprising how many lenses I am having this problem with.

It appears to be the same faulty lenses that multiexpose when using the motor cable its been a bit of a can of worms getting things to work properly and hopefully all these problems would be fixed with a service to the lenses?

Any more info on this would be welcome,its surprising how little data is available online concerning these type of issue.
Andy P

Postby yaya » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:38 pm

Hi Andy, the majority of these issues are indeed coming from the lenses: worn X-sync sockets are the most common but sticky shutters and bad lens<>body contact can also cause problems.

The good news is that servicing RZ lenses is relatively inexpensive and their quality justifies the investment!

BR

Yair
--
Yair Shahar | Product Manager| Mamiya Leaf - Phase One
e: ysh@mamiyaleaf.com | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 |
yaya
Crew
Crew

Postby Andy P » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:28 am

Thanks Yair,
I will eventually get round to having them serviced
Andy
Andy P

Postby Andy P » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:38 pm

I'm going to add to this thread, as things have progressed somewhat since I last posted and I am eager for further info from people so I can continue shooting with my RZ set up.

I managed to get another adaptor, so I could also use my RZ with Phase/Mamiya fit backs-I got the HX705 rather than the one for the D series RZ67

I found that setting an IQ280 at zero latency and using the wake up synch cable, it worked great
But ...I can't fire it from the computer!
I do a lot of large set overhead photography and it makes my life a lot easier to fire from the computer.

So ,what I would like to know is ,is there a cable available to do this with a phase one back, or perhaps Leaf have a back I could achieve this with?
Ideally the back would also have USB3 on it rather than just firewire and be 60mp plus

I suppose other work arounds would be a really long cable release ,or maybe something could be achieved with wireless transmitters.
Any info appreciated

Thanks
A
Andy P

Postby Andy P » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:15 pm

Just in case anyone needs this problem answered-I eventually found an adaptor which plugs into the front electrical port on an RZ which had a pocket wizard connector at the other end
All I then needed to do is attach pocket wizard and fire it via another one
Works great!
Andy P

Return to Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus and Mamiya DM series camera backs