Valeo11 images cropped?

Discussion about Leaf Capture and Leaf Remote application

Valeo11 images cropped?

Postby smalldogs » Mon May 06, 2013 1:52 am

Hi all,

I just got a Leaf Vale11 that I'm using with my Mamiay 645AFD, and so far I love it. I'm new to the digibacks and especially to the Leaf Capture software, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

When I compose an image, say, my dog just standing in front of me, the image that shows up after it transfers will have been "cropped" (for lack of a better word). The feet and ears will be missing.

I've checked and double checked all my settings, including my Output settings, which are set to No Selection, but I can't imagine why I'm not getting the entire frame using the standard 80mm lens. It looks more like a 100mm.

Is this typical? Is there a setting I can change to fix it?

Thanks for your help,

s
smalldogs

Re: Valeo11 images cropped?

Postby PhaseoneUser55657 » Mon May 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Ok, not sure on the Valeo11, but check the size of the sensor, I believe that is what is MF cropped sensor (1.3). Normally these come with a mask you put before the focusing screen of the 645AFD. So what you see in the view-finder is more than what is recorded. I have a Valeo22, which has a 1.1 crop, but because it is such a small crop they don't produce a crop marks for that one. I believe that all MF backs are cropped to some extent from the standard 6x4.5 film, I think the 80Mpix backs are the closest, then some have a 1.1 crop, then others a 1.3 crop. My bet is that your back is one of the 1.3 crops.

Robert
PhaseoneUser55657

Re: Valeo11 images cropped?

Postby Ulf » Mon May 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Hi

There is masks for both the 6/11mp Valeo and 22/33mp Aptus backs
The focus masks for 22/33mp backs can be seen here:
http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/accessories_f ... reens.html

We have for the 6/11mp Valeo as well on stock, its just not listed on the webpage anymore since the back is discontinued.
Contact your local reseller in order to get this.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Leaf Capture 11.x