Leaf Capture 11.1 for win7

Discussion about Leaf Capture and Leaf Remote application

Leaf Capture 11.1 for win7

Postby lars231 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi...How do I get my original Leaf Capture 11.1 to work with win7??? I can't install the program from the original CD neither can I find a Leaf Capture version for windows???? I don't have any needs for a Mac but would like to continue on my windows based computer thank you very much.
I also find it hard that there is absolutely no support for windows users or download possibilities anymore.
Please help me out so I can start working on my new 64 bit computer
kind regards
lars231

Re: Leaf Capture 11.1 for win7

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat May 26, 2012 8:04 am

Suggested reading:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9140

Although I do not have inside information (the link above provides information that is pretty inside) I think LC/Win development has stopped for some time now, affecting Win x64 users most.
Next, the recently introduced Leaf Credo backs are only supported by Capture One, which gives me the impression LC/Mac development has ended as well, or will soon be.

Also note that for Leaf Aptus II users, CO6 DB is free of charge.

If you add that all up, LC have come or soon will be end of life. Software development is very expensive. So Phase One and Leaf Mamiya look for synergy to save money. Based on the installed base, Capture One was the preferred choice over Leaf Capture.

The only thing that's missing is a company statement...

my 2 cts
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Leaf Capture 11.x