Schneider ES Shutter Controller

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Schneider ES Shutter Controller

Postby JonathanS » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:40 pm

What is the latest information about cables and compatibility for the Schneider ES Shutter Controller?
I understand the Schneider USB unit is a little more friendly with Phase One Backs but I prefer the stand alone unit.

I'd like to connect my P+ back to an ES controller - If the product is not out there I imagine it wont be hard to make a custom interface for 1-shot operation by triggering with a remote switch (or relay) and timing the signals so the back gets a wake up signal before the ES does. Does anyone have any experience making a custom interface for waking/triggering a P series backs? I can't imagine it needing more the $5 circuit board components + a few expensive connectors.
JonathanS

Re: Schneider ES Shutter Controller

Postby JonathanS » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:14 pm

I was just looking at my old posts and noticed no ever responded to this post. I was able to get a pin-out from Schneider (they are super super helpful by the way) and made my own cable. I used the pin-out from the multi-connector on the DB to trigger the ES controller and made a custom breakout cable to the Lemo connector on the shutter. It requires being tethered but enables the use of the capture button (cntrl-K) in Capture One for one-shot operation. Works perfectly.

If anyone ever needs a similar solution let me know...

I'm trying to figure out how to do the same thing with Rollei electronic shutters... Supposedly NASA has a aerial camera system that uses a Lens Control S and Rollei Shutters that they are able to fire from an external signal...
JonathanS

Re: Schneider ES Shutter Controller

Postby photoBy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:07 am

Hi, if you're still checking this could you help me out with the pin-outs you've found?

I'd like to investigate making controllers as you have.
Thank you.
photoBy

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs