How to select multiple photos and exposure correct all

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

How to select multiple photos and exposure correct all

Postby dougstroud » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:24 pm

I have a large number of photos that I would like to select and batch correct. Can this be done in version 5.0, and if so, how please?

Thanks,

Doug
dougstroud
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA

Re: How to select multiple photos and exposure correct all

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Yes, this is possible. Key is the toggle 'Edit Primary Only'. Switch it off (toolbar or Edit menu) to correct multiple selected images at one time.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
User avatar
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 9465
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: How to select multiple photos and exposure correct all

Postby dougstroud » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Paul,
I have 200 images, six of them appear in the preview window- which I can only select one. Down below that are all the images in the folder which I am able to select all of the images, but am unable to edit more than the image that is highlighted in bold white border.

I see the control in hte menu drop down to edit primary only... Could you walk me through this?

Thanks,

Doug
dougstroud
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA

Re: How to select multiple photos and exposure correct all

Postby dougstroud » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Paul,
I found under the adjustments tab where to apply adjustments to all images. The way I found to do this was copy adjustments from a particular file and paste the adjustments to the desired files. So unless there is another way or a better way, I am good.

Thanks,

Doug
dougstroud
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA

Re: How to select multiple photos and exposure correct all

Postby Coach2 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:26 pm

You don't need mutli-view (seeing them all in preview), it just depends on what you have selected. You can click a file in the browser, then Crtl+A to select all, or, select a sequence by clicking the first file then holding shift and clicking the last file, or, hold Ctrl down while clicking random files in the browser.

If you want to do auto adjustments, go the the Adjustments menu and select Auto (or press Ctrl+F) to have Capture One analyze each file and apply what it thinks is best (may be time consuming). You can also auto white balance the same way by clicking the A on the White Balance tool. Other tools will work similarly.

I often start out with global adjustments like these then go through and custom adjust each file from there.
Coach2
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:12 pm

Re: How to select multiple photos and exposure correct all

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:01 pm

ylwdog wrote:I found under the adjustments tab where to apply adjustments to all images. The way I found to do this was copy adjustments from a particular file and paste the adjustments to the desired files. So unless there is another way or a better way, I am good.

That's a correct procedure to copy/apply one or more settings from one to other images. I understood your initial question differently, hence my reply but it is still in effect your the procedure you follow.

In CO5 a new feature named Local Copy/Apply allows you per tool (like Exposure) quickly apply adjustments to other images. You can find this symbol of this tool in each tool's title bar.

Last but not least, you can perform an automatic adjustment (as Coach referred to) to one or multiple selected images by hitting the A symbol, also to be found on the tool's title bar.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
User avatar
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 9465
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: How to select multiple photos and exposure correct all

Postby Kathi » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:09 pm

I have been using the copy and apply adjustments shortcuts forever, but suddenly yesterday, it has quit working on multiple images. My method is to usually copy the adjustment for one image, select all the images I've tagged and apply the adjustment to those, using Ctrl+Shift+V. Now it only applies the adjustment change to the 1st image in the list. No matter if I've selected 2 or 22. I've tried to not use the keyboard shortcut and go under Adjustments - Apply adjustment, but that still only affects the 1st image. I've tried restarting CO, and that doesn't help either.
The same is true for processing images. It will only process the 1st image, though I had them all selected and hit Ctrl+D.
Side note - lately it's been processing images multiple times - sometimes 4 times - with one Ctrl+D!
Help, anyone!
I don't have time to Ctrl+Shift+V 100s of images!
Kathi
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: How to select multiple photos and exposure correct all

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:01 am

Kathi wrote:I have been using the copy and apply adjustments shortcuts forever, but suddenly yesterday, it has quit working on multiple images. My method is to usually copy the adjustment for one image, select all the images I've tagged and apply the adjustment to those, using Ctrl+Shift+V. Now it only applies the adjustment change to the 1st image in the list. No matter if I've selected 2 or 22. I've tried to not use the keyboard shortcut and go under Adjustments - Apply adjustment, but that still only affects the 1st image. I've tried restarting CO, and that doesn't help either.
The same is true for processing images. It will only process the 1st image, though I had them all selected and hit Ctrl+D.
Side note - lately it's been processing images multiple times - sometimes 4 times - with one Ctrl+D!
Help, anyone!
I don't have time to Ctrl+Shift+V 100s of images!

See my first post in this thread: viewtopic.php?p=34961#p34961
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
User avatar
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 9465
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: How to select multiple photos and exposure correct all

Postby NNN634922142265115497 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:
Kathi wrote:I have been using the copy and apply adjustments shortcuts forever, but suddenly yesterday, it has quit working on multiple images. My method is to usually copy the adjustment for one image, select all the images I've tagged and apply the adjustment to those, using Ctrl+Shift+V. Now it only applies the adjustment change to the 1st image in the list. No matter if I've selected 2 or 22. I've tried to not use the keyboard shortcut and go under Adjustments - Apply adjustment, but that still only affects the 1st image. I've tried restarting CO, and that doesn't help either.
The same is true for processing images. It will only process the 1st image, though I had them all selected and hit Ctrl+D.
Side note - lately it's been processing images multiple times - sometimes 4 times - with one Ctrl+D!
Help, anyone!
I don't have time to Ctrl+Shift+V 100s of images!

See my first post in this thread: http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?p=34961#p34961




I think the best method to do this is manually save the picture and then upload to the appropriate space ..because after some time it work correctly may other option are not . so choose this option for image support .
NNN634922142265115497
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:10 pm


Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests