switching computers... how?

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

switching computers... how?

Postby Rhys.Moore » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:53 am

I've just bought a new computer and want to install Capture One 4.5.1 on it. How do I transfer my licence key onto my new computer? I've just tried activating it and got stuck. In the 'My Account' bit it says if I deactivate the liecence it deactivates it on all computers. Don't fancy doing that and not being able to activate it on my new one..

Can anyone shed some light on this, advice welcome. Thanks.
Rhys
Rhys.Moore

Re: switching computers... how?

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:17 am

If you have previously installed and activated CO 4.x, you can deactivate each installation individually from within the application. When deactivating from the web site, all installations will deactivate when started and being online. If necessary (because you discarded your old computer but forgot to deactivate for example) you only have to reactive all current installation.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Rhys.Moore » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:35 pm

Thanks, I'm sorted now.
There was a bit on the help section that said to deactivate all accounts then activate again from within the software. I was just worried I'd mess up and loose my activation since I originally got the free SE version from Sandisc which has since been withdrawn.

Deactivated from the website - Loaded up, installed and activated on my new computer no problem.

My old tower/desktop computer had C1 on it but that has since had all the programmes on it stripped off with a fresh install of windows and sold on to my neighbour so the only installs I have are on my new computer and my old laptop (which I had to re-activate as well).
Rhys
Rhys.Moore

Postby carol ann » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:19 am

hi friends,
I have been a C1 user since 2003.
In August, 2011, I bought C1 Pro 6.
17 months later, computer died.
I could not deactivate.
In Dec, 2012, I used second activation on new computer.
Now it says I have 0 left.
How can I get them to restore one?
thank you.
carol dwyer
I'm sure the answer is in forum somewhere but I couldn't find it.
carol ann

Postby Drew » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:46 am

Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software