Batch Processing!

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Batch Processing!

Postby Ulf » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:17 pm

This only applies to Capture One 4

Help! I can not batch process.

This is probably the most common question we have right now.
Please read this

http://xchange.phaseone.com/upload/the_modifier.pdf
Last edited by Drew on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Clarification
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby volatus » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:33 pm

OK, what I have learned today is to hold Shift-Command+D to process all selected files.

This is completely different than in 3.5 Pro. I select the images and klick on the process wheel and batch processing starts.

Maybe I am missing something?
volatus

another Batch processing question

Postby Andy 5 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:32 pm

Yesterday i inadvertantly selected all 152 images and began a batch process. I could not get it to stop the processing. restarting the software , even deleting the session file did nothing... esch time I restarted the software it began the batch all over again. I finally removed ALL the files, raw etc, re installed the raw data into a new folder and started over again. SOOO... how does one stop the processing?
regards , Andy
Andy 5

Re: another Batch processing question

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm

ajd wrote:(...)SOOO... how does one stop the processing?
regards , Andy

Stopping is not allowed in CO4! You MUST process! (just kidding)

Go to the Batch tools tab, in the Queue sub tab there is a Stop button below. You can stop a queue at any time immediately with a single click. Delete the queue when stopped (Cmd+A, Delete or BackSpace). Even deleting the queue (or a selection of the queue) when running is no problem.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Leonardo12 » Mon May 05, 2008 6:04 pm

I am just not using C1 4 since it is not a professional program. It is better to just ignore it and wait for C1 4 PRO -whenever it will come-

There is no point in changing the work flow to step down in to a light program and change again when the real C1 is ready?

Also I work tethered, plus, the files are not compatible.
Leonardo12

Re:

Postby Leonardo12 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:09 am

That was then... now I'm liking C1 4.5 PRO. Good job !

barretophotography wrote:I am just not using C1 4 since it is not a professional program. It is better to just ignore it and wait for C1 4 PRO -whenever it will come-

There is no point in changing the work flow to step down in to a light program and change again when the real C1 is ready?

Also I work tethered, plus, the files are not compatible.
Leonardo12

Re: Batch Processing!

Postby NeilBurger_DT_Chicago » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:58 am

why is it when i hold shift and click process to batch, it only shows the number 1 next to the progress bar. very confusing. it should show the number of images that I am batching and count down to one. or am i missing something? (using C1Pro 4.5.2)
NeilBurger_DT_Chicago
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Ulf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:05 am

Should be fixed in 4.6 also you can change so you do not have to hold down shift anymore to process a range of images.
New icon in the tool bar to "edit primary only" turn this off and shift is no longer needed.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby NeilBurger_DT_Chicago » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:00 pm

It is NOT FIXED in 4.6. Luckily I can now batch process without the option key but the number to the left of the progress bar still says "1" only. Can we fix this so that the number displays the amount of images that are being processed and the numbers will decrease as images process??
NeilBurger_DT_Chicago
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Clearly a slight misunderstanding between Neil and Ulf. While you (Neil) wait this to be fixed I like to show you that each image in the queue shows the number of total images in the queue and and its position in the queue (for 10 images in queue: 1/10, 2/10... 10/10). For each image processed, the counter adapts to new queue size.

In other words, the requested information is already available since CO4 was introduced over a year ago...
On the other hand is the "0" or "1" next to the process rather meaningless to me other then that process is running (1) or not (0).
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Andrew852 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi guys,

Can't seem to figure this out...

In the thumbnail view, I select 9 images.. the first image has a bold white frame, the others have a thin white frame.

I think press Shift + Command + D and my Mac beeps at me.

If I go to Shift + Process Button, it only processes the first image

If I drag the thumbnail icon, it grabs all 9 images but I can't drop them into the queue either ( a long shot!)

( I figured it out.. I had Edit Primary Only enabled )
Andrew852

Postby Chris1012 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:31 am

I don't have the edit primary only button enabled and I am trying to batch process about 165 images. I am on image 56 and COP has crashed on my no less than 10 times. I cannot understand why it is crashing on me, sometimes it will do 5-10 images, other times it won't even get through one. Anyone else having these crashing issues? I am running the latest version of COP 4.6 and also the latest update of Leopard. Driving me insane...

Thanks,

Chris
Chris1012

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:01 am

Chris wrote:I don't have the edit primary only button enabled and I am trying to batch process about 165 images. I am on image 56 and COP has crashed on my no less than 10 times. I cannot understand why it is crashing on me, sometimes it will do 5-10 images, other times it won't even get through one. Anyone else having these crashing issues? I am running the latest version of COP 4.6 and also the latest update of Leopard.

I do not have a sensible solution I am afraid but 2 question and 2 suggestions.
Question1: what is the amount of RAM in your Mac?
Question2: what is your output profile and file setting (TIFF, JPEG)?
Suggestion1: clear your batch history (Clear history button on Batch tool, History tab)
Suggestion2: restart your Mac before processing with CO4
I apparently have my suspicious thoughts in the direction of processing parameters or a memory leak.
Best regards,
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Chris1012 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:06 am

Sorry, I have been away for a while.

I realized that if I run a batch process but do not click to show the batch window (stay on the process window) it will complete with no crashing. I have not tried to replicate the crash since my last post, but I will.

Paul - to answer your questions I have 5 gb of RAM running on a MacPro Dual-Core Intel Xeon. The latest version of Leopard 10.5.6

The output profile was set to 8-bit Tiff at 100%, 300dpi.

I'll let you know if I can replicate this crash when I have time.

Chris
Chris1012

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:46 am

Tip: empty your batch history every now and then.
Best regards,
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Next

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software