keyboard shortcut "+" sign not working

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

keyboard shortcut "+" sign not working

Postby mark.mrkjhn » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:49 am

Having trouble with the keyboard shortcuts: I can decrease exposure with the Control/Command/Minus key, but it doesn't respond with the Control/Command/Plus key when trying to increase the exposure. Also the Plus key isn't working as well when trying to increase contrast, saturation etc... Haven't changed anything in the default keyboard settings in either the MAC OS or C1. Any ideas?

Multiple of Macs (MacPro, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air)
Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and Lion (10.7.5)
C1 Pro (6.4.2 & 6.3.2)
mark.mrkjhn

Re: keyboard shortcut "+" sign not working

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:54 pm

The plus and minus sign in the shortcut refer to the keys on the numeric pad of the keyboard. You could also use the numeric keypad in a laptop keyboard with the Fn key.
That the minus character in the top row of the regular keyboard section works and the and plus sign not, is something the could be explained with knowledge from the inner hardware (keyword here is: same/different scan codes for key).
On my keyboard, the minus is a lower case key, while the plus is upper case the the = equal sign key.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby mark.mrkjhn » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:02 pm

I follow you regarding where the keys are placed on the keyboard (numeric) though not sure what you mean by using the Fn key or how you would.

You're correct in that the lower and upper case configurations of the keys, but that doesn't really help solve the problem as this isn't out of the ordinary for a Mac keyboard (and I'd assume a PC as well, at least in the US).

Any other ideas why it's not working?

Thanks.
mark.mrkjhn

Postby mark.mrkjhn » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Got if figured out with the help of Tech Support (a big thank you!). I'm using a smaller Apple keyboard where the "+" key is the shifted "=" key which is causing the problem.
mark.mrkjhn

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:27 pm

mark.mrkjhn wrote:Got if figured out with the help of Tech Support (a big thank you!). I'm using a smaller Apple keyboard where the "+" key is the shifted "=" key which is causing the problem.

That is what I meant to say, but was not clear. Thanks for the translation! ;-)
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NNN634865751914585712 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:14 pm

I am having the same issue but I don't quite understand what the fix is exactly. What key combination would I use to increase the exposure? Thank you in advance.
NNN634865751914585712

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software