Sharpening default settings

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Sharpening default settings

Postby Alan5 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi,
I'm using C1 (v6.3) and am trying to figure out how to change the default setting for sharpening in C1.

Currently it's set to be Amt 180, Rad 0.8, Thresh 1; I want the Amt to be 100, and keep that as default. There's a triangle above the sharpening box in the focus tool with "Save as defaults" but it doesn't seem to save the settings as defaults.

I know I can save a preset for this, but is it possible to have it as a default (what does the triangle do?)

Thanks for any help,
Alan.
Alan5

Re: Sharpening default settings

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:12 am

It should safe the defaults and as far as I know it does. A common misunderstanding however is that the New Defaults are applied to New images only, not to images you have opened earlier. Use a Preset in that case for fast applying settings to an entire selection.

Note that CO7 has extended the New Defaults options to most tools and per camera default.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby SFA » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Paul_Steunebrink wrote: A common misunderstanding however is that the New Defaults are applied to New images only, not to images you have opened earlier.

Good clarification Paul.

What happens when creating a new variant? Defaults applied or not?

I have always assumed they are applied but I'm not sure in all cases.

Grant Perkins
SFA

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Grant,

A new variant - as opposed to a clone variant - is treated as a new image, with a new set of adjustments. The new defaults should apply, as you assumed.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby SFA » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Many thanks Paul.

There can be so many things going on at the same time that subtle similarities or differences between say, an import and the creation of a NEW variant might be easily missed. It's always good to know what to expect!

Grant Perkins
SFA

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software