Files from Captures to session Trash = Could Not Copy Error?

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Files from Captures to session Trash = Could Not Copy Error?

Postby Terence2 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:42 pm

I am attempting to move files from a subfolder of my Output session folder to the session Trash folder by pressing the Delete key. When I press Delete, the files disappear from the browser then reappear with an error in the Events window that says "Could Not Copy File" and includes this information:

Description: Could not copy file /Users/terence/Pictures/20121103 FIDM Ralph Lauren SS12/Output/Group 3/20121103_FIDM_RL_0367.jpg to /Users/terence/Pictures/20121103 FIDM Ralph Lauren SS12/Trash
File: /Users/terence/Pictures/20121103 FIDM Ralph Lauren SS12/Output/Group 3/20121103_FIDM_RL_0367.jpg
Reason: Unknown reason.
Domain: com.phaseone.application.captureonepro.fscopy

My session was originally on an external drive and did not work. So I moved the entire folder to my local hard drive and it still did not work. Both disks have terabytes of free space. I performed a "Repair Permissions" and "Repair Disk" from the OSX Disk Utility and I still could not trash the images. Restarting the computer did not help. Dragging and dropping the files from the browser to the session Trash also did not work. Anyone know what could be wrong? I have opened a support case, but was hoping this is an easy fix that someone else here has experienced.
Terence2

Re: Files from Captures to session Trash = Could Not Copy Error?

Postby Terence2 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Wanted to add that deleting preferences didn't help. I also deleted the Session file (.col50) and all the proxies/cache files, recreated the session and still could not delete files by pressing Delete without getting the copy error.

I opened a different session on the same hard drive and was able to perform the delete functions as normal. I gave up and just deleted through the finder. What could have caused this problem?
Terence2

Postby brianmerwin » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Hey Terence - did you ever find a resolution to this issue? I'm experiencing the same behavior (now in version 7.01) and was curious. It's not a HUGE deal because I can delete them manually but I'd like to know why.

Did you perhaps open a support case with PhaseOne?

Thanks!
brianmerwin
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Terence2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:59 pm

Brian,

I did open a support case and did not get the problem resolved. They (support) asked one question at a time and took two to three days each time they would respond with a follow up. I got fed up and decided not to waste any more time on the matter. Deleting the files through Finder and/or Bridge seemed to work no problem.
Terence2

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software