Meta data

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Meta data

Postby PeterDreuning » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Love C1 for my photo's but fill in the metadata is a nightmare.
Is there one easy way to do it or is everybody using a different program to do the job ?

Peter
PeterDreuning

Re: Meta data

Postby Edward2 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:46 pm

I used to use the templates in C1 but since they were altered/removed (can't remember which as it's a long time ago) I now use Bridge.
Birmingham Photographer
http://www.edwardmoss.co.uk/
Edward2

Postby HCS » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Whether convenient or not, it's rather easy. Choose the Metadata tab and then 'Manage and apply Metadata presets' (the small button top right of the pane). You'd first have to define a preset though.
HCS

Postby kenscottphoto » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:44 pm

I am at a loss here. I don't see the Manage & apply Metadata presets icon/button. I have looked at the user guide, google search and have seen that I can even create a "Style Preset" as well as a "Metadata Preset" but I don't want to apply a Style or Metdata every time or at the end of the shooting day to all images.

I am using Capture 6.4.4

I have created a Metadata Template that adds copyright info, email address and usage, that is what I would like to add.

I would like to add this information AT CAPTURE when I shoot with a Canon 5d mark iii tethered.

Thanks,

Ken
kenscottphoto
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby HCS » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm indeed talking about the Meta data preset.

While not most optimal perhaps, it's rather easy to apply it. After your day's shooting, select all and apply preset. Shouldn't be that hard.

Perhaps more savvy C1 users can jump in here, i personally use Media Pro for this.
HCS

Postby kenscottphoto » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:06 pm

"After your day's shooting, select all and apply preset. Shouldn't be that hard."

Right, Right, you are correct and I have been doing that BUT.... I sometimes forget at the End of the day :oops:

Thanks!

Ken
kenscottphoto
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby HCS » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:15 pm

I see and fair point. It is rather easy to forget this in this way, better automatically applied. But, for a workaround it isn't that bad.

You could still apply later as well, but maybe you've handed over your pics to your customer without copyright info etc. That wouldn't be so nice.

Good luck trying to remember it each shoot !
HCS

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:31 pm

You can have a metadata preset applied automatically during import and during tethering with CO Pro 6.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby kenscottphoto » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Paul,

Respectfully, how?
kenscottphoto
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Tethering: Next Capture Adjustments tool (Capture tool tab), All Other field > Defaults with Styles

Import: Import Images dialog, Adjustments section, Styles > select your style or preset
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby kenscottphoto » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:20 pm

Paul,

Thank you for your help on the tethering. I see how to do it now.

My last issue (this is software related) is that typically I have under the Next Capture Adjustments Panel: All Other set to "Copy from Last" this way when I include a grey card in the first frame I can do a custom white balance, then remove the grey card and start shooting. It will remember my white balance for each additional frame.

When I choose Defaults with Styles, I can now include my Style with the Copyright info but not the custom white balance from that first frame. It seams that I would need to make that custom white balance and include copyright information in a New Style every custom white balance. I think that this would be a new feature add and not a setting.

Thanks for your help!

Ken
kenscottphoto
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software