Capture One not processing recipes

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Capture One not processing recipes

Postby vitorm » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:19 pm

I've been using C1 for a few years and never had this problem before but all of a sudden I cannot process any recipes from any session.

When I click Process nothing happens. The filename in the Process Summary increases every time: like photo001, photo002, so the software recognizes that I have clicked but again, nothing else happens. There are no files in the output folder. I tried changing output folders, resetting tools, and I can't think of anything else to fix this.

I've even tried updating to 6.4.4 to see if it was a bug that would be fixed but the problem persists. Please help!
vitorm

Re: Capture One not processing recipes

Postby mikolaj rygier » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Sorry if this question is stupid but haw you tried restart C1 i.e. quiet it and reopen.
From your description seems that ImgCoreProcess software crashed. To reopen it you need to reopen C1.
Please let know if this helps.
Mikolaj
mikolaj rygier

Postby vitorm » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:20 am

Mikolaj,

Yes I've quit and reopened it several times. The only thing I haven't done is uninstalled it and reinstalled because I don't want to lose all my customizations.

What is this ImgCoreProcess software? Is it a separate component of C1? Is there a way I could reinstall that alone?

Thanks
vitorm

Postby mikolaj rygier » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:01 pm

As I know ImgCoreProcess is a part o the system. Please check using Activity Monitor (Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor) whether after opening C1 ImgCoreProcess is also active.
Some time ago I had a file in a folder who produced some problem and ImgCoreProcess crased just after starting.
Mikolaj
mikolaj rygier

Postby vitorm » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:39 pm

It's showing 0% CPU so I figure it's not active. Would the solution be to reinstall C1 entirely?
vitorm

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:51 pm

vitorm wrote:...
The only thing I haven't done is uninstalled it and reinstalled because I don't want to lose all my customizations.

Reinstalling the program does not affect your customizations. These are stored in the Application Support folder of your user account and in the preferences.

On the other hand I would exactly delete these first instead of reinstalling the program as more often than not the problem lies in that corner.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby vitorm » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:51 pm

How would you delete that?

I'm not a computer wiz, and I can't find any Capture One file in the Application Support or Preference folders in my library, so I'm lost on how to do this.
vitorm

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 pm

vitorm wrote:How would you delete that?

I'm not a computer wiz, and I can't find any Capture One file in the Application Support or Preference folders in my library, so I'm lost on how to do this.

Make sure you look in your <user name>/Library folder, not Mac HD/Library folder. That said, your user library folder is hidden by default since Lion. In Finder, press Shift+Cmd+G (menu Go, Go to Folder) and type
~/Library/Application Support/Capture One
and remove the contents (make a backup first in case you had some nice customizations to restore later)
Now you can also browse to
~/Library/Preferences
and delete the com.phaseone.captureone.*.plist files.
I would delete the default CaptureOne.col50 session file from the ~/Pictures/Capture One Library folder too.

Now you start CO6 again and you'll have refresh it. See what's happening with your processing (you might have to restore or recreate your process recipes)
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby vitorm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Thank you so much Paul!

I lost my custom workspace but it was worth it because now its working!
vitorm

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:14 am

If you made a backup of your application support sub folder before deleting, you can restore the workspace.
Best regards,
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Almass » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:14 pm

To Paul.E

Just a small note of another thank you as I had a problem with C1/7 refusing to Process.

I used your advise and it worked perfectly.

Thank you.
Almass

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software