Could not process file

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Could not process file

Postby NN147850 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Hello,
I'm using Capture One 6.4.3 on OSX Snow Leopard and I recurrently running into the "Could not process file" error message popping up in the Event window when I process batch of files. More info from there:

Description: There was an error during the processing of the output file.
File: /Volumes/Dig/2011/STITCH/20/CF002774.IIQ
Domain: com.phaseone.captureone
Code: 1

The files come from a IQ180 back - the error appears no matter what Process Recipe I select (this time I'm outputting QuickProof JPGs). It may be that the software does its job for 5 or 6 images, then the error pops up and the following, selected images are ignored. If I click the Elaborate button again on the unprocessed files, nothing happens.
As a workaround, I've to trash the com.phaseone.captureone.plist in my user's Library/Preferences folder, reboot CaptureOne and it works again - for maybe 20 files or so, and the issue repeats, on and on.
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance

OB
NN147850

Re: Could not process file

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:30 pm

First aid: have you cleared the process history from the batch tool tab?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NN147850 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:49 am

Paul_E wrote:First aid: have you cleared the process history from the batch tool tab?

Hi Paul,
thanks for your answer - your suggestion looked promising, alas I still have the same issue.
FYI, I've repaired permissions, run maintenance scripts, etc.

OB
NN147850

Postby rapdigital » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:53 am

Quit capture one delete the cache folder or rename it. Start capture back up and wait for it to rebuild the cache folder. You' ll know it complete when you can skip through the files without the preview going extremely pixelated. Give that a go.
rapdigital
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NN147850 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:08 am

I guess the problem is related to the cache: when I select, say, +30 files to batch export as QuickJPEG, the process may fail, while when the recipe is for instance TIFF 50% size, the failure's chance is greatly reduced - TIFF 100% is near zero.
It seems like that to cache of the selected files while exporting them conflicts, especially if the export format is small (that is: the speed of the exporting process per file is greater than the speed of the caching, per file). I don't know whether this model is scientific or not, but it describe the situation pretty accurately.
So far, selecting the file to export, let C1 the time to digest them, then finally export them is a bearable workaround - yet C1 looks clumsy compared to other competitors IMHO.
Thanks for your help,

OB
NN147850

Postby rapdigital » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:45 am

Usually permissions causes problems like this. Is the session on a separate internal drive? Can you try disabling permissions?
rapdigital
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby MirekSuchomel » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:21 am

Hi,
I had a same issue, complete Process tab was gray shaded and didn't allow me to change anything. Delete cache files helped.
Thanks
MirekSuchomel

Postby Hegel 59 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:10 pm

I have the same problem.

In mid-batch processing Capture One sent Code-1 and I can no longer process any file.

If I try, the status bar for export goes fast, and no images are in the target folder.

Is there a fix to this dangerous bug? I am on a deadline for a magazine. I have to sent out the images right now!
Hegel 59

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:15 pm

You responded to a 3 years old thread. Are you on CO6?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software