FUJI X-1 PRO

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Re: FUJI X-1 PRO

Postby jknights » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:10 am

jknights wrote:
NNN634330179264543949 wrote:In the meantime I got the information from CO-support that the x-pro 1 is "on the request-list".

That sounds promising!!!

I'm sure the integration will make lots of customers happy.

Yes I requested it back in March2012!!!

In fact I just checked my Cases on PhaseOne Tech Support.
Original request was in January 2012 !!
Still learning after all these years. Using Nikon D3S, D800, D600 DSLRs and Fuji XT1, XPro1, XE1, X100 with CapturePro.
===================================================================================
jknights

Postby jknights » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Ahem, still no Fuji Xpro1 RAW support :-(
Getting kinda long time folks in dev team or have you gone on long summer holiday.
Still learning after all these years. Using Nikon D3S, D800, D600 DSLRs and Fuji XT1, XPro1, XE1, X100 with CapturePro.
===================================================================================
jknights

Postby NNN634266594991897090 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:24 am

Yes, plus one on the request please! Neither of my two workflow tools (COP and Aperture) support the X-Pro 1 yet.

I'm giving it until the end of the year then flicking the whole camera system as a camera that i can only use for JPEG is useless to me.

I do wish camera makers would release their new file types to the software people 6-8 months ahead of launching the cameras....!!!!
NNN634266594991897090

Postby Ario » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:39 pm

I guess Fuji should have better adopted a conventional CFA.
Ario
Ario

Postby jknights » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:05 am

Ario wrote:I guess Fuji should have better adopted a conventional CFA.

Not from the results I can get from the XPro1 RAW files.
Unfortunately I need to process to TIFF first using DCRAW or RAWPhotoProcessor (RPP) then use Photoshop for any edits.

As I have said before this new sensor layout is not easy but it is not so difficult either. It is just that the RAW developers dont prioritise its support. I am sure that Phase One will release RAW support for this camera but it is a question of when and how much later. Hoping that there might be something at/by Photokina.
jknights

Postby Ario » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:06 pm

jknights wrote:

Unfortunately I need to process to TIFF first using DCRAW or RAWPhotoProcessor (RPP) then use Photoshop for any edits.

As I have said before this new sensor layout is not easy but it is not so difficult either. It is just that the RAW developers dont prioritise its support. I am sure that Phase One will release RAW support for this camera but it is a question of when and how much later. Hoping that there might be something at/by Photokina.

Does it mean anything to you the fact that both DCRAW and RPP are not using the best available algorithms and adopted a "better then nothing" solution?
Ario
Ario

Postby jknights » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Ario wrote:
jknights wrote:

Does it mean anything to you the fact that both DCRAW and RPP are not using the best available algorithms and adopted a "better then nothing" solution?

I also have SilkyPix Developer Studio to use if RPP or DCRAW dont deliver.

In answer to your questions I would rather use something less than perfect as an interim, and since I dont belong to the group (of idiots, IMHO) who convert to DNG then discard RAW file, then I can reprocess later if I need to with an improved algorithm.
jknights

Postby brivadois » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:28 am

Forgive my bad english, I'm french (nobody is perfect :wink: )
With my X Pro 1, 95 % of my pictures are good (technically), but sometimes !!
The 100 % crop from the raw file with LR 4 (default settings). Very ugly, it looks like a paint filter !
That's why I'm waiting for Capture One.
brivadois

Postby jknights » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:23 pm

The famous green painterly effect from LR with XPro1 files.
:(

I'm sure that Capture Pro could deliver something much better but I'm starting to look elsewhere, I really need a solution, interim or permanent, not silence!.
jknights

Postby Ario » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:31 pm

May be next time :(
Ario
Ario

Postby brivadois » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:58 am

Probably with the new Fuji cameras using the same sensor Phase One, DXO,... will work for us
brivadois

Postby dogmatheque » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:09 am

Hello,

Regarding Xpro-1 demux, up to date silkypix remains the best option.
The soft is slow, the workflow is not that great, but it does most of the tasks
any other good DAM software does.
On the other hand i've tested RAW files with moiré coming from a 5D, it was the only software
that had a decent rendering.

A shame they did not include the various profiles to develop RAW files with
Fuji film effects (I.E : Astia, velvia, Pro Neg...).
It forces you to rely on your jpg to achieve the same results, with means extra developing time.

I hope that the release of the EX-1 will encourage Capture one dev team to find a demuxer
(or we can still dream of fuji being kind/smart enough to help third party developers).
dogmatheque

Postby Daniel3222 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Giulio Favotto wrote:X-1 raw support is now available in Lightroom and Camera Raw....
Will it be available in C1 soon?

thanks

As you can not shoot tethered - Camera Raw seems to be a good solution. To be honest - in some cases it is the better solution anyhow (noise compression etc which Fuji Files need if you do not shoot JPGs directly.) I have a X100 for point and shoot and i prefer the JPGs over the RAWs as the RAWs are simply to noisy without the right suppression afterwards. But for a camera like the x1Pro it is of course different.

Everybody in photography is using photo shop. If you do not have the actual version - download a trial version and you are good for the next 30 days. Within that window there should be raw file support by C1 Pro also.
Working over bridge with Camera Raw is a good and easy solution for now. I can only recommend it.
almost digital
digital techs
paris
Daniel3222

Postby jknights » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:48 pm

I was hoping that Capture Pro v7 would have XPro1 RAW support but still no support for this camera, especially as now there are two cameras from Fuji that use the same sensor.

Still disappointed!!! :cry:
jknights

Previous

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software