FUJI X-1 PRO

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

FUJI X-1 PRO

Postby Giulio Favotto » Thu May 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi
i own Capture One with my P45+ digital back.
I'd like to use it with my new Fujifilm X-1 pro... I saw FujiFilm x100 files are already supported, do you think that x-1 files will be supported soon?

thanks
Giulio Favotto

Re: FUJI X-1 PRO

Postby jknights » Fri May 11, 2012 4:25 pm

I have put in an Support Case for an Enhancement of Capture Pro to support the Fuji XPro1 RAW files.

If you do the same it will hopefully gain some additional focus and weight.
Still learning after all these years. Using Nikon D3S, D800, D600 DSLRs and Fuji XT1, XPro1, XE1, X100 with CapturePro.
===================================================================================
jknights

Postby Ario » Sat May 12, 2012 3:56 am

I have already submitted my support case to Capture One.
Ario
Ario
Ario

Postby Giulio Favotto » Sat May 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Done it. thx
Giulio Favotto

Postby Giulio Favotto » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:50 pm

X-1 raw support is now available in Lightroom and Camera Raw....
Will it be available in C1 soon?

thanks
Giulio Favotto

Postby Keith Reeder » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:52 am

Giulio Favotto wrote:Will it be available in C1 soon?

Nobody here knows, Giulio - and even if they did, they wouldn't say anything.
Keith Reeder
Keith Reeder

Postby Nicolas » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:52 am

In the meantime, have you tried to convert your FUJI X-1 PRO files to DNG with Adobe DNG converter?
This is what I do with my Pentax 645D files (though I've no real hope that Phase will do something for these PEF files :(
Nicolas Claris
http://www.claris.fr
Nicolas

Postby jknights » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:10 pm

I would suggest that you use the Fuji RAW Converter EX that ships with the camera rather than using the poxy DNG converter.
Alternatively use DCRAW from Dave Coffin and convert to TIFF and work on those.

DNG is the nastiest lie every sold/given to people. I think that Adobe deserve to be pilloried for that lie. :evil:
If you want to get lower quality images then use DNG conversion or shoot JPG so much easier.
If DNG is a lossless conversion from the RAW file what are they throwing away that we dont know about. :twisted:
Still learning after all these years. Using Nikon D3S, D800, D600 DSLRs and Fuji XT1, XPro1, XE1, X100 with CapturePro.
===================================================================================
jknights

Postby Nicolas » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:20 pm

jknights wrote:I would suggest that you use the Fuji RAW Converter EX that ships with the camera rather than using the poxy DNG converter.
Alternatively use DCRAW from Dave Coffin and convert to TIFF and work on those.

DNG is the nastiest lie every sold/given to people. I think that Adobe deserve to be pilloried for that lie. :evil:
If you want to get lower quality images then use DNG conversion or shoot JPG so much easier.
If DNG is a lossless conversion from the RAW file what are they throwing away that we dont know about. :twisted:

With such statements, you should explain scientifically your meanings!
Nicolas Claris
Nicolas

Postby Keith Reeder » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:39 pm

What a lot of rubbish there about DNG.

I've done hundreds of like-for-like comparisons of DNGs against native Raw files, and there's no IQ difference whatsoever in conversions from each.

What "lie" has Adobe told about DNG? Because everything I've seen said by Adobe about DNG has proven to be bang-on true.

DNG is lossless (unless you choose lossy conversion), and the smaller file sizes are purely down to efficient compression routines, which have no impact on IQ, and often a different size of embedded preview jpeg.

You've clearly been hanging around with the anti-DNG Bibble zealots too long - they've always talked a lot of drivel about DNG too.
Keith Reeder
Keith Reeder

Postby Ario » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:37 am

Nicolas wrote:In the meantime, have you tried to convert your FUJI X-1 PRO files to DNG with Adobe DNG converter?
This is what I do with my Pentax 645D files (though I've no real hope that Phase will do something for these PEF files :(

You can convert to DNG but then opening the DNG into CO will make it evident tat the X1Pro files are (not yet) supported.
Ario
Ario

Postby Nicolas » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:10 am

Ario wrote:
Nicolas wrote:In the meantime, have you tried to convert your FUJI X-1 PRO files to DNG with Adobe DNG converter?

You can convert to DNG but then opening the DNG into CO will make it evident tat the X1Pro files are (not yet) supported.

Hi Ario
I believe you, but I feel this quite strange as the Pentax 645D files are NOT supported by C1 but I can work on them when converted to DNG and the IQ is much better than the same PEF or PEF DNGed in LR4.
The only thing I can't do -and this is a great loss for me- is the lens correction (CA, barrel etc.) but the fabulous C1 perspective corrector works like a charm (as well as all other C1 features).
Nicolas Claris
Nicolas

Postby Ario » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:26 am

Nicolas,
There is a difference, which I believe is substantial, The Fuji X1 Pro sensor has got a non-Bayer CFA which has to be taken into account when demosaicing the raw file, no matter if it is in the DNG format.
I tested to import into CO the DNG version of the X1 pro file and the result is a purplish image heavily pixellated, totally unusable.
Ario
Ario

Postby Giulio Favotto » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Thankyou everyone.
I'm using the RAW Converter given by FUJI but... it's ugly.
I tried the new version, downloaded from silkypix website... but it seems even worst.

I'm considering using Lightroom.
Giulio Favotto

Postby Ario » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:09 am

Unfortunately the raw support provided by ACR/LR for the X1 Pro files is not the best I have seen.
Ario
Ario

Next

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software