Keeping next capture naming from session to session

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Keeping next capture naming from session to session

Postby Duck Feeney » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Anyone know of a way to keep the next capture name format from session to session? It's extremely annoying to have to set up something other than camera counter for EVERY session.

--d
Duck Feeney

Re: Keeping next capture naming from session to session

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:55 am

Two options I can think of.

One, which you should do anyway, is that you create a Preset from the Naming Format dialog in the Next Capture Naming tool. This way, you can create one or more naming formats you like. Now it will only take a two mouse clicks to select the preset.

Two, create a template session if you have more details you like in every session. This template is an ordinary session, for example named Template, in which you set the Naming Format as desired (plus any other session related configuration like Albums/Smart Albums or sub folders). Close CO Pro 6. Copy and rename the session folder Template to for example FashionShoot as you do for the Template.col50 to FashionShoot.col50. The desired naming format will appear in your new session directly. Keep copying the Template session each time you need a new session.
Note that you can double-click in the .col50 file in Finder to have CO Pro 6 start with that session.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Keeping next capture naming from session to session

Postby Duck Feeney » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Thanks Paul. But I was looking for a more permanent solution. Both of those would take even more time than just changing that tab when capture one opens. I was looking for more of a way to edit the default option from camera counter to 3 digit counter. We're running 25+ machines and I was looking for something a little more global so all of our tech workflow is a little more streamlined.

--duck
Duck Feeney

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software