Exposures in Ver 3.7.9

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Exposures in Ver 3.7.9

Postby Paul Payne » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:37 pm

I just finished a shoot tihis past week and they were shot tethered using ver 1.3..(Its the only ver that seems to retain the origional file numbers) the exposures looked perfect using the histogram in ver 1.3...when I loaded the files on my office computer to process the images in Ver 4 the histogram and exposure looked perfect also...I just downloaded Ver 3.79 and when I look at the files they all look dark on my calabrated monitor and the histogram reads that they are about 1 stop under exposed...is anyone else experienceing this??? I use C1 in tethered mode for about 90% of my shooting and I have a shoot coming up next week where I need to use my Canon 1DM11 with Ver 3.79...do I trust the histogram or Not???
Paul Payne

Re: Exposures in Ver 3.7.9

Postby Drew » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Paul,
This is not something that we have heard of or seen. If you would like to create a support case and provide some examples we can look into it further.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Paul Payne » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:55 pm

I would create a support case but not sure how to provide samples....I'm not up on creating a screen capture and thats what I think you need....if someone could provide the steps I'd provide the examples
Paul Payne

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Paul Payne wrote:I would create a support case but not sure how to provide samples....I'm not up on creating a screen capture and thats what I think you need....if someone could provide the steps I'd provide the examples

Press the PrintScreen key on your keyboard and open a new file in Photoshop (or Paint) and paste the screenshot. Use Alt+PrintScreen for copying/pasting the active Windows only (instead of entire Windows screen).
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Paul Payne » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Thanks Paul,

Ive opened a support and thanks to you I've included a few screen captures...

Paul Payne
Paul Payne

Postby NN35071 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:53 pm

I do have the same problem with 3.7.9. Different colors and light on the preview image and on the output image when rendered as tiff.

Any solutions on that?

Thanks
Christian
NN35071

Postby Paul Payne » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:18 pm

I am still having the same underexposed histogram in ver 3.79 no matter which computer that ver is installed on....does anyone have a solution for this?? The histogram looks great in ver 1.3 (i know that is old) when I capture the image with my 1ds it also looks great in DPP and in ver 4 but when I open the image in ver 3.79 it looks about 1.5 stops underexposed....I have the same camera profiles in both versions...I'm comming up on my Dance School season and I use ver 3.79 for capture with my 1dsm2 and I have always relied on the histogram when I test my lights before I start photographing students...I'm worried that If I trust the histogram while capturing the images in ver 3.79 that when I get back to my studio to process the images in Ver 4 they will all be overexposed.....anyone else having this problem??
Paul Payne

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:45 pm

Paul Payne wrote:...
The histogram looks great in ver 1.3 (i know that is old) when I capture the image with my 1ds it also looks great in DPP and in ver 4 but ...

Have you considered using CO4.x for capturing?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Paul Payne » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:45 am

I didnt think you could use ver 4.5 for capture except with a phase one back...Im using a 1ds and 1dsm2
Paul Payne

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Paul Payne wrote:I didnt think you could use ver 4.5 for capture except with a phase one back...Im using a 1ds and 1dsm2

CO 4.x Pro (and CO 5.x Pro) supports tethering for your 1Ds mkII but not for your 1Ds. Raw file support includes both models. Latest release is 4.8.3.

For tethering your 1Ds you could either use CO 3.7.10 Pro or EOS Utility (previously known as EOS Capture) and open the 1Ds raw files in CO4 or 5 instantly with its hot folder feature.
Best regards,
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Paul Payne » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:05 pm

thanks Paul...I'll check it out..
Paul Payne

Return to Capture One 3.x Software