Capture One 3 LE

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Capture One 3 LE

Postby St_Worm2 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:56 pm

I've been running Capture One 3.x.x LE for a few years now. I came back to work after the holiday break intending on quickly processing the images that piled up before the break only to find that my software no longer works (it asks for the registration code, takes it, but upon reboot of the program, asks for the code again).

So I downloaded Capture One 4.x.x (whichever one works with XP SP-2), but I noticed that this version's minimum requirements include 1 GB of RAM (I have half that and I don't believe my company is going to spring for another 1/2 gig of RD RAM for this seven year old machine I'm working on). However, since my job depends on these images being delivered promptly this week, I installed the trial version and hoped for the best. To my delight, I was able to import and work on the images, but when I hit the process button to send the first image to Photoshop, it didn't work.

What am I doing wrong? Is a full Gig of RAM needed to output my images? Please help, I need to get these images done today!!

Thanks!

--David
p.s. - I'm curious, why is it that the LE software I've been using for years suddenly stopped working?
St_Worm2

Re: Capture One 3 LE

Postby Drew » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:13 pm

David,
System Requirements are System Requirements, plain and simple. The small tool that uses the RAM to process images needs a minimum of 1 GB of RAM. Without that you likely won't get very far. You can always try to make due with what you have but without meeting the minimum it's difficult to offer proper support.
With the hardware your running I would just try to simply run the Trial of PRO and designate a different folder as your output folder. From there make sure the "Edit Primary" feature is turned off, cross your fingers and hope for the best.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:53 am

David,

Don't tell Phase One:
/PO hidden on/
I run CO3LE/3PRO/4/5 on an XP Pro SP3 machine with 512 MB RAM for testing and supporting this forum. Flawlessly. Process without opening in Photoshop. Close COx and open in Photoshop.
/PO hidden off/
Cheers ;-)
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Drew » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:20 pm

I never said it wasn't possible :wink:
However it certainly leaves things open to complication. Complication that can likely be avoided by meeting the system requirements.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:33 pm

I was teasing a bit (as you noticed). I confirm based on my experience that CO4 and 5 have higher requirements than CO3, in particular for RAM, as per release notes for smooth operation.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NN195621UL » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi all,
I too was having the same problem with CO LE 3.x.x being expired... It may not be the best solution but it seems to have worked. I went into my calendar settings and changed the date back a year. Double click the clock on your desk top to get you there. It is a quick fix, maybe not the ultimate best solution but if you are in a hurry, you can't argue with success.

Mark
NN195621UL

Postby Ulf » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Or download 3.7.10 and expiration is solved
http://xchange.phaseone.com/Content/Dow ... veWin.aspx
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew