Added more Ram - now C1 Pro says 0 RAM

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Added more Ram - now C1 Pro says 0 RAM

Postby dlphoto » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:52 pm

We added more RAM (went from 4 to 8 GB) RAM is all the same chips. C1 Pro now does not recognize any RAM. Using Vista Ultimate 64 with Quad core AMD. Is there a setting I am missing?
dlphoto

Re: Added more Ram - now C1 Pro says 0 RAM

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:00 pm

I suspect memory management of your motherboard's chipset or Vista x64 or a combination is killing CO 3.x now you provide more than 4 GB RAM. I call this kind of setup one of 'incompatible technologies'. CO 3.x was not developed with either Vista or x64 platform in mind. It might run, or not. With more than 4 GB you apparently crossed a line (at least for CO3).

You apparently invested in new hardware and the latest OS, why not upgrade your application to CO4?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Added more Ram - now C1 Pro says 0 RAM

Postby John4 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:49 pm

To add to Paul's post...in the event that you are already using V4....if you are using V4 how are you determining the RAM usage? If it's from a dialog box when starting the program...I got that for a while with V4 and a 64 bit OS, and still get it with V3.8...you can freely ignore that. I don't get the dialog box with Vista 64 and V4, so it is evolving toward total 64 bit compatability with Vista.

If you go to the task manager, you will probably see that COne loaded and is indeed working. If you're seeing NO RAM used in TM with V4...that's worth pursuing here.
John4

Return to Capture One 3.x Software