Convert CR2 to Jpg

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Convert CR2 to Jpg

Postby r_myers04 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:05 am

:( How do i convert CR2 files to Jpg i for got to reset the camera to Jpg and now i have some that i need to E-Mail to someone but now they can not read them

Please Help
r_myers04

Re: Convert CR2 to Jpg

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:31 am

Seems you have 2 questions or issues.
1) how to convert CR2 to Jpg? Which camera type do you use and which version of Capture One?
2) you emailed a Jpg but the receiver could not open it. I assume that was an in-camera Jpg. Might be a problem with email program on either the sending or receiving side. Resend it or try to ZIP it first and send the ZIP. Try a text message type instead of HTML or vice versa.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby r_myers04 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:38 am

PhaseOne 3.7.7 the camera is a Canon XTI so how do i convert CR2 to a Jpg
r_myers04

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:30 am

Capture One (CO) 3.7.7 should be able to process Canon Rebel XTi CR2 files. Can you be more specific of what your problem is with processing those images? Are you new to CO3.x and not familiar with the controls? Can you open the files? Did it work in the past? More info = more help.

Note, that if you are new to CO3, I suggest not to invest in a learning curve since this is an end-of-life release. Go with CO4.x instead. You are probably entitled for a free upgrade if you have a CO3 license. Download the latest CO4.x from the Phase One download page.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby r_myers04 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:24 pm

I have never used Capture One before and i need to convert the CR2 files to Jpg so my friends can look at them they no way of looking at them in CR2 format

Paul_E wrote:Capture One (CO) 3.7.7 should be able to process Canon Rebel XTi CR2 files. Can you be more specific of what your problem is with processing those images? Are you new to CO3.x and not familiar with the controls? Can you open the files? Did it work in the past? More info = more help.

Note, that if you are new to CO3, I suggest not to invest in a learning curve since this is an end-of-life release. Go with CO4.x instead. You are probably entitled for a free upgrade if you have a CO3 license. Download the latest CO4.x from the Phase One download page.
r_myers04

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:51 pm

Steps to execute would be (high level overview):
1) start CO3.7.7, open file browser, select folder with images, close file browser; images appear as thumbnails
2) select image thumbnail (left), adjust image with tools (tabs at the right), select JPEG at Process tab
3) set destination folder (Process tab), process image
4) email image to friend
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby r_myers04 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:47 pm

Thank you for the help that helps very much

Paul_E wrote:Steps to execute would be (high level overview):
1) start CO3.7.7, open file browser, select folder with images, close file browser; images appear as thumbnails
2) select image thumbnail (left), adjust image with tools (tabs at the right), select JPEG at Process tab
3) set destination folder (Process tab), process image
4) email image to friend
r_myers04

Return to Capture One 3.x Software