C1 3.7.8 Mac files and session, settings not visiable on PC

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

C1 3.7.8 Mac files and session, settings not visiable on PC

Postby Henrik1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:38 am

Hi guys,

I just took delivery of 23GB of files from a good client, they use Mac/NikonD3/C1 3.7.8 and have selected the files they wanted further processed with a star rating. I have received all directories including side cars, sessions everything. I am working on WinXPx64/C1 3.7.8 and have also C1_4.7 (which i don;t like the interface of it not as user friendly as ver 3.7.8 but that is a different story and I am not here to b*t*h)

why will C1 on windows not read the sessions files and load the files, why will C1 4.7 not read C1 3.7.8 session files? :shock:

Where is the compatibility here, I got two left hands here, and I have a deadline?

Not happy, this was a straight forward job, please someone, help me out here :cry:

regards

Henrik
Henrik1

Re: C1 3.7.8 Mac files and session, settings not visiable on PC

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:53 am

One of the drivers behind the development of CO4 was to create an application equal in functionality on both Mac and Windows, in contrast to CO3 and older. As a result, you can also exchange settings (raw adjustments) between Mac and Windows with CO4.

Unfortunately, this is not the case with CO3, both you and your client currently use. There is also no way to import settings and sessions from CO3 to CO4, both on Mac or Windows. As a result, in the CO3 world you have to stick to both version and platform when exchanging settings and sessions.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: C1 3.7.8 Mac files and session, settings not visiable on PC

Postby Henrik1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:25 am

Thanks Paul.

The problem my client have is that CO4 is crashing on her Mac, and I am finding CO4 is just not as user friendly as CO3xx was/is (rather I have partly given up, but probably just not spend enough time on it, to become familiar)

thanks very much for replying. we are currently working on the work a around

Henrik
Henrik1

Return to Capture One 3.x Software