Leica M8 and Capture One LE

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Leica M8 and Capture One LE

Postby Gerry18 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:11 am

I have purchased a used M8 Leica and it came with Capture One LE. I am on a Mac 10.3.9 I have installed the disc to the computer and registered it. How do I know that it is now registered? When my camera is tethered to the computer with the supplied USB cable, it opens up Capture One LE but will not download the RAW photos from the camera. Will it only download the RAW photos from a Media reader? Any help will be appreciated.
Gerry Vancouver, BC Canada
Gerry18

Re: Leica M8 and Capture One LE

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:15 am

Go to Capture One menu, License Activation. The dialog will show you a red check mark left to "Step 1. Enter Product Key". Just below the product key, it reads Capture One license - Activated (I checked this from my CO 3 Pro installation, I assume LE is the same).

It is correct that CO 3.x does not support tethering with the Leica M8 (nor does CO 4.x). You can upgrade to CO 4.x, but you need Leopard (OS X 10.5). Would you like to stay with CO 3.x LE (because you're on OS X 10.3), check your version. The latest LE is 3.7.7 and can be downloaded and installed on top of your existing installation from:
http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloa ... veMac.aspx

Note that if you use an UV/IR filter on a lens with your M8, select the UV/IR camera profile in Capture One for that image for best image quality, color translation and white balance. Enjoy Capture One and your M8!
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 3.x Software