File manager c13.78 in a MAC/PC network

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

File manager c13.78 in a MAC/PC network

Postby Raffi3 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:54 am

Hi,
this is my first post here. Often not so good situations drives one to post...
I shoot tethered on to a MAC running 3.78. I like how most things work on this system except how it manages the captures and where it places them. I think part of my issue is likely the MAC OS file manager, and how C1 relates to it...Although it is networked to the PC....

I shoot to the Pitures/C1 Default session on the MAC
That folder is shared on the network and I access it with the PC.
I see everything and can work with it, but...
I want to move the files off the MAC and place the different shoot jobs into the PC's folders I have created for different jobs.
I tried the "Move To folder", and this I thought was going to work(I exit C1 on the Mac at this point)..300 files took about 5-10min to move, and it asks if you want to move or copy. I chose copy, as I want the files to be deleted off the MAC later, when the job is done. I did the work, and I trashed the files from the MAC, and it started trashing the Move To folder content! At least it looked like it, as I was about to pull my hair out, I launched C1 on the MAC and the files were there, and so were the ones in the New Move folder. So nothing was trashed(?)

I know this explanation is a bit detailed and long, but coming from a PC user the MAC "sessions" are just not logical to my PC wired thinking, but even there I am having file management issues.

How do other C1 users move files around without loss/damage, fast?

...Short of a removable drive to swap around...as I have invested in many drives and fast netwrok to have things as smooth as possible.

My goal is to shoot via the MAC, and, have the files arranged to each jobs folder on the PC.

Should I post this on the MAC OS forum as well?

Thank you in advance
Raffi3

Re: File manager c13.78 in a MAC/PC network

Postby Raffi3 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:52 pm

For some reason the "MOVE TO FOLDER" function was acting up and not doing its job. But it looks like you can simply redirect the files to which ever folder you want.

100 files in 20-25 sec, thats pretty good I think.
Raffi3

Return to Capture One 3.x Software