C1Pro 3.7.9 previews turn very contrasty once clicked, OSX

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

C1Pro 3.7.9 previews turn very contrasty once clicked, OSX

Postby GilmourB » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:41 am

I use a MacBook w/ external monitor and iMac (OSX 10.4, with CS3, C1Pro (3.7.9) and LightRoom1 and recently installed ColorMunki. Have been trying to process files (hi-res tiffs, Adobe 1998, 300ppi) but when i open the same file in C1Pro, LR1 or Adobe Camera RAW, the files brightness and contrast varies greatly from program to program. in any of the programs, when the thumbs and previewss first open they look great then suddenly convert to a terrible very contrasty look.
On my iMac the thumbnail and preview look good and there is no automatic contrast conversion happening.

C1 has the best look but i don't know which one to trust.

Anyone have any ideas for how to get initial previews to look like the previews?
Anyone know why each program renders the colour so differently? Could color munki be the culprit?
Brettt Gilmour Photography, http://www.brettgilmour.com, Commercial Location Photographer
GilmourB

Re: C1Pro 3.7.9 previews turn very contrasty once clicked, OSX

Postby Jon » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:02 pm

hi Brett,

This is definitely due to the color profile. You should probably re-profile the monitor, but also be sure to set which ever screen has the preview on as you default monitor. This is controlled in ColorSync utility.
Kind Regards,
Jon Gilbert
Phase One
Jon
Crew
Crew

Re: C1Pro 3.7.9 previews turn very contrasty once clicked, OSX

Postby GilmourB » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi Jon,

i'm using the color monkey to profile the monitors now and still have the problem. I have tried profiling the monitor with other apps for comparison but the problem persists. any ideas or help welcome.
Brettt Gilmour Photography, http://www.brettgilmour.com, Commercial Location Photographer
GilmourB

Return to Capture One 3.x Software