NOISE

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

NOISE

Postby Tom492 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:10 am

I am struck by the noise difference between C1pro (3.7.8 ) and ACR4. I tune in and tune out from time to time and only pay attention to details when i shoot a job with my P20. Somehow I used the same shoot captures (white product on gray) at two times processing once with C1Pro and once with Adobe Camera RAW and WOW!. I was just getting ready to make an effort to use LightRooom too, because C1Pro4.5 will not run on my old air cooled G5 Dual_ppc. Can any one explain this difference who is not in the marketing department. I am already down with the hype I am just wondering how this can happen, so I can be a better computer guy.
Tom Upton
:!:
Tom492

Re: NOISE

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:21 am

I do not read a single note regarding what (kind of) difference you experience, what or which one is giving you the WOW. Therefore no idea what you need further explained. Could you be a bit more specific about your experiences? Do you only use the P20?
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: NOISE

Postby Jon » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:29 pm

You may notice that when you shoot tethered the first shot will take a little longer and will transmit "black calibration." This is the sensor exposing with the shutter closed after the shot to see the effect of heat buildup on noise. Capture One uses this information to take noise out of the raw file... Adobe does not. Aside from that we use a more in-depth algorithm when processing. To put it simply, you will not get the same quality of raw conversion from Adobe as you will from Capture One.
Jon
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 3.x Software