Pls help!! P30 DB not seen by CO DB

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Pls help!! P30 DB not seen by CO DB

Postby Roman12 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi there,

I just renewed my Windows XP on the laptop and alas, after having connected my P30 DB to the laptop through FireWire cord, the CO DB 3.7.8 software (which came with the back) doesn't see the back ((

Any hint? Thanks
Roman12

Re: Pls help!! P30 DB not seen by CO DB

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:45 pm

Order of sequence in troubleshooting for me would be:

1. Open Device Manager (Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management) and check for the existence of the Firewire device (a.k.a. IEEE 1394 or 1394 for short). If not present, you might have not installed the driver for it.
Next, and in conjunction with the above, check for any not detected (Yellow question mark) devices; this might be your Firewire device, waiting for a device driver.

2. If a Firewire device is present in Device Manager, connect the camera back, switch it on and look if it shows up in the Device Manager. Though I have not tried this to be 100% sure, I assume for 95% it should show up.

3. Next, check for precense of p1c1394.sys in de Windows\System32\drivers folder. This should have been installed with CO 3.7.x DB and is necessary for CO to tether with the firewire device.

Sidebar: A cross check of your Firewire port might be to attach another Firewire device as an external hard drive, if available. Different animal from a camera back, but it can proof whether the Firewire port is functioning (or not).

I am not a Phase One back user myself. I generated the tips above from a general troubleshooting experience.
You can always open a support case or contact your dealer.

Note: your posted in the CO3 Mac forum.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Pls help!! P30 DB not seen by CO DB

Postby Roman12 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:04 pm

Paul_E wrote:Order of sequence in troubleshooting for me would be:

Note: your posted in the CO3 Mac forum.

Sorry. Stupid of me ((( Reposted in the right place.
Roman12

Return to Capture One 3.x Software