How do I obtain original presets for my Capture One Pro

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

How do I obtain original presets for my Capture One Pro

Postby George182 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:38 pm

How do I obtain the original factory presets for my Capture One PRO, which was CO Pro 3.7.4 version at time of purchase? It's since been upgraded to CO Pro 3.7.8. My predecessor at the company, used the CO program, but left the company before I was on board.
I have been shooting images for the company and then handing my RAW Capture files over to other persons who do conversions and post processing in PS.
I've talked to an outside photographer, who told me I should contact Phase One to find out what the original presets were when the program was shipped from Phase One, otherwise, I'm more or less "shooting in the dark" and I won't be able to make an efficient and accurate evaluation of changes I make. He said, I'm, in effect, wasting a substantial value of the program by failing to start shooting with the original presets.
He said once I get more experience, then I can experiment with other presets.
Up until now, the folks who do the postprocessing have been satisfied with the RAW files, as captured. I haven't done any processing on CO because the two persons doing the postprocessing wanted to start with the original Captures before doing any processing.
However, I now have a project for which I must process the RAW files in Capture One, and, in light of the other photographer's recommendation, I thought I should make sure the original presets are what I should start with in making the Captures.
BTW, the photographer who advised me about this has been using Capture One since it was introduced. He uses it exclusively for capture and some of his processing. He loves Capture One Pro and the Phase One products. He's also very pleased with customer service and the prompt updates for the products. His images are some of the best professional images I've ever seen. He shoots with a Phase One back and a Hasselblad. The images are simply phenomenal...that's probably why he gets so much repeat corporate business.
FYI, I shoot with the Canon 5D. If anyone can tell me how to get the original factory presets, that would be a great help.
George182

Re: How do I obtain original presets for my Capture One Pro

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:26 pm

You could remove the .plist file, which is from the top of my had the com.captureonedslr.plist in ~ / Library / Preferences. Close CO 3 before removing the file.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby George182 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:26 pm

Paul_E wrote:You could remove the .plist file, which is from the top of my had the com.captureonedslr.plist in ~ / Library / Preferences. Close CO 3 before removing the file.

I'm sorry, Im not super computer literate, Can you be a bit more clear? What file am I deleting? I didn't see any com.captureonedslr file in my preferences folder. Thank you for your help
George182

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:01 pm

George, I am sorry. The file name should be com.phaseone.application.captureonedslr.plist in the location I explained in my previous post. Please take note that you look in the Library / Preferences folder in your user's home folder (in contrast to the machine Library folder in the root of the hard drive). Hope this helps.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 3.x Software