Hidden .session files over Ethernet

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Hidden .session files over Ethernet

Postby NN890863 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:19 pm

Hi.

I am working with C1 3.7.9 and have my session folders on a RAID - connected to my network via ehternet.

When I close C1, the .session file in the session folder on my RAID disappears. I need tinkertool for example to make the hidden file visible again.

When I change to a different session, the .session file from the session I worked with before stays like it is...

I have to change into a session, that is saved local on my computer, before I close C1 to make sure that I am not hidding the .session file on my RAID

Any ideas, how to fix that...?

Thanks, J.
NN890863

Re: Hidden .session files over Ethernet

Postby John68 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:36 am

I would suggest checking your ownership on your RAID drives.
John68

Re: Hidden .session files over Ethernet

Postby manuel27 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi there

I have the same problem, we use our lacie Big Disk ethernet drive as a studio server space. On a mac connected to ethernet we go in and look at the capture folders the session folder is there at the beginning. We do our change and then the session folder disappears ????????

Has anyone got an answer, I have checked the permissions of the ethernet drive and I'm the only user with complete access so should not be a problem.

Why oh why !!!! Looks like I am going to have to connect a firewire 800 drive to a computer and work from there, very annoying and have to buy more drives now.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks
manuel27

Re: Hidden .session files over Ethernet (Disapearing files)

Postby GilmourB » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:48 am

Same problem with disappearing files when using C1Pro on an Intel MacBook connected to a LaCie 2Big. over Ethernet
GilmourB

Return to Capture One 3.x Software