The sharpness vanished

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

The sharpness vanished

Postby NN217747UL » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:38 pm

Hello,

i'm testing capture one 4.5.2.

I'm import RAW Files, adjust them, and process them in tiff and 16-bit. Every adjustment I made was shown in the tiff Files when i looked at them with Photoshop.

Only the sharpness will not processed. It vanished.

I tried it with and without a click at Sharpening [...] Disable. It makes no difference.

What can I do?

The image quality is stunning. Much better than Lightroom - in my opinion. But how can I save the sharpness in the tiff file?
NN217747UL

Re: The sharpness vanished

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:17 pm

hi Matthias,
You have posted this problem already in the CO4 forum (which is the right place, this is CO3 forum) a few days ago. Some answers are waiting for you there.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NN10450112 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:52 am

Paul_E wrote:hi Matthias,
You have posted this problem already in the CO4 forum (which is the right place, this is CO3 forum) a few days ago. Some answers are waiting for you there.

Would it have been too user-friendly for you to provide a link to that other section you mentioned (for users like me, who want an answer to his same question, but can't find it)? Would it have been too kind for you to at least give the user a definitive answer to his question? Because if you've ever spent any time on PhaseOne's website, you might learn about what an awful experience using the site is. What would it take for you guys to make the user experience a little easier? Or is paying $500 for your Pro software not quite good enough? You guys should be ashamed for making the website so incredibly un-friendly to users who just need a little help.
NN10450112

Postby Henry1 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:33 am

I believe Paul_E does not work for Phase One so berating him in this manner is uncalled for and an apology is in order.

Looking at your site, your behaviour does not do you any good.
http://www.mdfdesign.eu
Henry1

Postby Jon » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:48 pm

As Henry has pointed out, Paul E does not work for Phase One, so please do not direct your complaints towards him. He has done an excellent job at providing other users with guidance and feedback especially when those of us in support have been busy handling support cases.

As for the Phase One Website, I spend quite a bit of time on it everyday sending people links to downloads, knowlegebase articles and so on. It may not be flashy but it does work. Its not perfect but everything is in the logical place. Software downloads are in the downloads section, Information about our products is in their respective section headings, and Support is in the support section. A quick search of the knowlegebase can generally provide answers to 80% of the support cases we receive. Can we do better? Of course! The website is rather inefficient at the moment and it can take more clicks than it should to reach the desired page. There will be a new improved website in the future, but for now it is what it is.
Kind Regards,
Jon Gilbert
Phase One
Jon
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 3.x Software