lost thumbnail files

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

lost thumbnail files

Postby Jack21 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:33 am

I was having problems with long (20 minutes) to load pro. So I had a new computer built .....vista 64 ......and just installed pro. A window comes up saying it needs 128 mb ram to run. I have 8GB of ram.

When I close the window pro opens and then it starts to load the thumbnails. When it gets some loaded it starts to drop them..........(just a grey blank square where the thumbnail is supposed to be)................ once the thubnail is gone, so is the enlaarged one that you useto edit.??? These are raw files. I have uninstalled and reinstalled pro with the same results.

What is going on???

JaCK
Jack21

Re: lost thumbnail files

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:36 am

Though officially not supported, you can run CO 3.7.8 (you downloaded the latest, did you?) on Vista x64, but you have to pay special attention to the installation. Also, memory messages during startup of CO 3.7.8 may occur anyway.

Previous discussions you can find here:
viewtopic.php?p=21685#p21685
In this thread you will find a link to a Phase One knowledge-base article for installation instructions. At the moment of writing this post, the link was not responding. You might want to try later.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Jack21 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Paul........Thank you for the reply...........seems the page is "gone". I will try later.

I really hate to use another converter, but am in the process of trying a few. Pro is such a slick, fast way of doing multi-photos in large numbers. Any word if 4 will be vista 64 compliant??

Jack
Jack21

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:09 pm

Jack, regarding CO4 Pro and Vista x64 compliance, no word from Phase One as far as I am aware of (I have raised the issue once in a feature request). So assuming it is not officially supported, Vista x86 (32-bits) is supported in contrast to CO3.x. From my own experience, I had no problems with the CO4 / Vista x64 combination.
With CO4 Pro around the corner, I would suggest you give it a try shortly.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Ulf » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Capture One 3.x is only supported on x86 (32bit) and will never be supported on 64bit.
It is simply not possible due to the way the application was originally made.

Capture One 4 is still a 32bit application however it is supported on 64bit with the limitation of tethered capture since no 64bt driver is yet available, how ever this should change soon.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 3.x Software