IPTC Meta Data lost in Quick Proof?

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

IPTC Meta Data lost in Quick Proof?

Postby Nic21 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi. I have been using C1Pro for a few years now. I frequently use the Quick Proof option for generating low res files for outputting for web pages and on line galleries where quality is not the utmost priority.

However, I do find it rather annoying that all the meta data is lost when using quick proof and I have to use another application to re-instate the IPTC info. This is crucial as the web page generator in Photoshop relies on some of this info and captioning.

Is there any way I have not yet noticed to retain this important info?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nic Delves-Broughton
Nic21

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:28 pm

As long as you are going the QuickProof way, you won't have metadata (as you noticed). I am not aware of any option in CO 3.x Pro to solve that, unless you decide not to use QuickProof but go for the not so fast road of general process into low res JPG. You could configure one of the Image tabs for that purpose.
Another workaround is to use a 3rd party tool like BreeseBrowser, Photo Mechanic or Adobe Bridge and copy the metadata. I think that normal CO processing is quicker and easier.

Bottomline: you want it quick, you loose options.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 3.x Software