Can C1 Pro Mac handle Live preview shooting tethered ?

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Can C1 Pro Mac handle Live preview shooting tethered ?

Postby Banfield » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi All,
can anyone shed a little light on this subject ?
Can C1 Pro Mac handle Live preview shooting tethered
i am thinking of upgrading my camera from an EOS 5D to another SLR fullframe with live preview.My Q. is; When you are shooting stills, tethered, using a camera with live preview (and in my case & C1 pro 3.7.8 mac running leopard,).
Is it possible to adjust the focus in real time using the (notebook/computer) monitor to control the sharpness ?
I normaly adjust the focus on camera.
Is C1 Pro mac software compatible with this live preview technology say of the 1D mk III ?
And can you adjust the focus live from within the software ?

thanx

Paul
http://www.pb-foto.de
Banfield

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:31 pm

Capture One 3.x Pro / Mac does not support tethering with the latest Canon DSLRs like the 1D/s Mk III at all. Phase One is planning this in the forthcoming CO4.x Pro due later this year.

Interesting question though, whether third party software like Capture One will (in the future) support new features like live preview for DSLRs.

Until that happens (or not) the option I can think of is combining Canon's software with Capture One 3.x, as a number of users here do.

Recall: I believe that a user has made tethering for the Mk III possible with CO3/Mac. Do a search on recent threads.
Edit/add: http://forum.phaseone.com/viewtopic.php?p=23417#23417
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 3.x Software