Nikon D3 Files NOT Processing Out of 3.7.9 & Not SureWhy

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Nikon D3 Files NOT Processing Out of 3.7.9 & Not SureWhy

Postby NN8926212 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:29 am

Ok, am I missing something? I have a Nikon D3 which I just recently purchased and C1 Pro should be able to process these NEF's out, correct? I have switched from a compressed format, to 14 bit NO compression and they will not process out of the software. I know it can because I rented a D3 a couple of times for a job and processed out the files with no problems and now I am not sure what is going on. Maybe it is something with the compression or bit settings, but not sure. Anyone who can shed some light on this for me I will be forever grateful. :) I checked some of the files from when I rented the camera and I can not see if the compression or bit rate is embedded anywhere, but it is a 12.4 MB file that says RAW medium. Something has to be off since I had NEF's from a D3 process out before and now I cannot. Thanks in advance. A.
NN8926212

Postby NN8926212 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:45 am

Ok, I am testing this and for whatever reason they all processed out when I set the camera to 12 bit regardless of the compression setting, but unsure why they did not before. I just changed to 14 bit yesterday for the first time and still was having this problem set to 12 bit before. Can you not mix files from two different cameras in one session? Maybe the Mark III and D3 files are messing up some preferences or something. Hmmm....No, that is not it. I copied one of the 14 bit NEF's over to my test session and it still hung up and crashed.
NN8926212

Postby NN8926212 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:12 am

I have NO idea what is up now. I just did my fancy little test as you can see from the images and they all processed out fine. I was writing with my camera in my hand hence the chicken scratch. Now why the heck do they not in my other sessions???? Something obviously has to be going on, but it seems that all the random bit and compression settings can be processed out fine, but for some reason something is happening and have no clue why. I had to watermark these precious images. :wink: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
NN8926212

Postby NN8926212 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:19 am

One more thing which I would doubt make a difference, but the only thing that has changed is me using an old Tamron 500mm f/8 tele-macro catadioptric manual mirror lens while shooting recently and would not think that would make any difference, but you never know and figured I would make mention of it. Thanks.
NN8926212

Postby NN8926212 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:31 am

Ok, lots of fun replying to all my own posts. The LENS seems to be the culprit. I put this Tamron mirror lens on and did the same test and nothing processed out. Why is that? C1 Pro must not like not being able to get any lens info or something. Anyone from Phase who could shed some light on this would be greatly appreciated. A.
NN8926212

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:24 am

Hmm, manual or non-AF lens on Nikon and developing with CO 3.x making it crashing. I believe I have seen this before:
http://forum.phaseone.com/viewtopic.php?t=5540
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby James 7 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:11 am

Is this the same issue that you posted under \"constantly crashing\"? Only ask because I wonder what the other chap is using. Sounds like a similar issue, which I've had to deal with this week for a customer.

Bit like buses this....
"Beauty is in the eye of the Tiger"

http://www.jim90.com
http://jim90blog.blogspot.com
James 7

Return to Capture One 3.x Software