It refuses to process!

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

It refuses to process!

Postby Jon2 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:04 pm

I've been using Capture One since 2003/4 without problems. But now suddenly, it just won't process. The yellow processing wheels are showing, but when pressing either of the processing buttons nothing happens, batch or individual have no significance. It is SO frustrating. I've tried everything (I think). Can anybody suggest something, please. I've just bought a new iMac and copied the Capture One over to that. Can this have something to do with this? But it doesn't work neither on old nor new machine. Need to register again? I hope it's not that. Going into the registration key thing is just a journey of confusion. Anyway, why should I do that? I bought the program back then so I expect it to still be mine... Suggestions anybody, please?
Jon2

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:54 pm

Delete Capture One program and install from the latest download. You have your trial period to sort any activation issue out.
Copying from one Mac to the other is not always working good, especially for programs and if you are copying from a PPC Mac to a Intel Mac.

Anyway, don't copy, install. Make sure you download the latest version first for best Leopard compatibility too.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Jon2 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:43 pm

Thank you, Paul, for your response. So you think the problem may lie in the progression to new machine? But why doesn't it work on my old machine, neither? Nothing has changed there. For the moment I'm a little reluctant to delete and download (but time is running short) until I'm sure I've found exactly what all this is. Especially as when I'm looking at my account information. There it says I've only \"got one activation left\". Also, why would this be? What happens if something goes wrong during the activation process, for example. I suppose I'm missing something... Jon
Jon2

Postby Jon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:24 pm

Jon,

Whatever was the problem on your old machine has been copied over to the new one... It may be something as simple as checking the box labeled \"enable queue.\"

Aside from that I would delete the Batch Queue folder located at:
User Library>Application Support>Phase One> Batch Queue

Also delete any file beginning with com.phaseone in User Library>Preferences

Paul is correct though, we have seen a slew of problem when people copy installations from one computer to another.
Kind Regards,
Jon Gilbert
Phase One
Jon
Crew
Crew

Postby Jon2 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:37 pm

Thank you, JonGilbert, I've tried checking this box. All that happens is that a box pops up saying \"Can not write processed image. The output folder does not exist. The batch queue has been stopped. Create a process folder for this session, then re-enable the batch queue\", even though there is a process folder present, duly set up by Capture One when the job was created. Jon
Jon2

Postby Jon2 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:53 pm

JonGilbert, did as you said, deleting the files at the two different locations, and it worked! Thank you. Now, while I've got you here: A message has come up stating I've got \"14 days left of my trial period\". And as I said before, in my account it says I've only got one more key thing left. So what happens if I'm buying a new machine later, or something goes wrong and need to activate later? I thought this program was mine for me to use?
Jon2

Postby Jon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:02 pm

You license allows for installation on 2 machines. Your old machine was the first and this computer will become the second. if you need to deactivate a machine, uninstall capture One and create a support case and we will deactivate the old computer for you. (In Capture One 4 you now have the ability to do this yourself)
Kind Regards,
Jon Gilbert
Phase One
Jon
Crew
Crew

Postby Jon2 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:06 pm

Thank you both for your contributions, I now seem to be back on track with both machines. Still some unanswered questions, but better let them be as everything runs smoothly...
Jon2

Return to Capture One 3.x Software